Angie Nettle BSc Hons MBACP
The Wellington Centre
44 Wellington Square
I offer a confidential place for you to talk without judgement and be the real you. For me the most important aspect of counselling is the relationship with the person sitting opposite me. By being open, accepting and honest in the relationship between us, it gives you the choice to create the life you want and be the person you want to be. I believe that you are the expert on your life and know the answers inside you..
I work with adults, children 7-11 and young people 11-18.
I have experience as a Peri natal/post natal counsellor. This work involved working with trauma around a birth, child death, abortion, stil birth, post natal depression, peri natal depression and difficuities around being a new parent. I work with men and women in my private practice.
At the present time I work with adults in private practice and in primary and secondary schools with children and young people. I work with children/young people who have dsylexia, ASD and ADHA. I am working as a School Counsellor in Primary Schools and academies in Kent and East Sussex
Some of the problems I work with but not limited to are listed below.
- Feeling depressed, stressed or anxious
- Feeling constantly irritable or angry
- Finding it difficult to feel or understand your feelings
- Finding home or work overwhelming
- Lacking a sense of purpose or meaning in your life
- Coming to terms with loss
- Feeling blocked in your career or education
- Having relationship difficulties
- Having difficulties with your sexuality
- Struggling with family conflicts including parenting
- Suffering from repeating patterns of behaviour
- Wishing to understand yourself better
- Wanting a more fulfilling life
- Looking for a more contented, balanced life
- Attachment issues
- Self Harm
- Friendship issues
- like life isn’t worth living
- constantly anxious, tearful and worried
- like you can’t concentrate
- irritable and intolerant of others
- you are not getting enough enjoyment out of life
- you have a lack of self-esteem
- you have excessive and inappropriate guilt
- you have no motivation or interest in things you used to enjoy
About how I work
I work from a Person centred approach offered by the way of talking therapy with an experiential and intergrative approach. The choice of using these experiential and other integrative ways of working are always your choice. I use expressive and creative therapy such as sand tray, art work, games, drama therapy, narrative therapy and storytelling,stones, symbolic objects, creative writing, storytelling, visualisation collage,art journals,clay, play doh, puppets and other play therapy,as well as talk therapy.
Please feel free to contact me with no obligation regarding any questions you wish to ask.
"The pupils who have been supported by Angie showed improvements in their concentration levels, their engagement in class and had less behavioural incidents. They reported that the protected the time that they spent being listened to was really special to them, providing a safe haven to off load worries and concerns, which in turn removed barriers to their learning. Thank you for helping our young people to move forward."
Jayne West Assistant Headteacher ARK Little Ridge Primary Academy
I also offer Equine Assisted Therapy see below;
Why choose Equine Assisted Therapy?
By working with horses in Equine Assisted Therapy, they can act as reflections of our behaviour or personality, metaphors of the way we live our life and of how we communicate in relationships. Often through our human experiences we have been let down, lost trust or have become fearful of communicating our needs. Often in our human relationships we have lost who we truly are because we may be placating, manipulating or controlling things in order to get our needs met. However, sometimes we are not congruent with our true desires and whilst we can cover this up with most humans, horses have the ability to sense that incongruence and react accordingly.
Because they mirror behaviour. They have innate ability to mirror the thoughts and behaviours of others. Because they are prey anaimals , they can read body languge and respond instantly. This means that if you enter the horse's space with a negative attitude and defensive body language, chances are the horse wont want to interact with you. Alternatively, if you enter with a sense of calm, confidence and openess - you should find the horse responds more postively. It is this trait that helps you to reflect on your behaviour and challenge the way you approach situtations both inside and outside the therapy session.
Equine Assisted Therapy can be used for anger, anxiety, behavioural problems, bereavement and loss, low self-confidence, and trauma. Every session is tailor made to suit the individual client's needs. Offered from the EAGLA model which uses a team approach to working with clients. There are a number of horses/ponies that can be chosen in height and size.
There are limited spaces avaiable Equine Therapy at the present time. Please contact me for details.
Sessions can be booked for weekdays, evenings and weekends. I am available for sessions using SKYPE. I can offer telephone counselling for short term work (up to six sessions).There is free on road parking.
I am a registered member of the BACP and support my practice through regular supervision and training and development. My work is grounded in the BACP ethical framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
-Person Centred BSc hons ; Expressive Creative Therapy (ECT), Interagative and experiential.
-Person Centred Fdsc; I am trained in many areas of counselling, using focusing, pre-therapy and the experiential approach.
-St.Micheals Hospice and Bexhill College Bereavement Certificate
- Animal Assisted Therapy - Wealden College
-British Horse Society quailifcations
l offer bereavement counselling for pets and large animals, such as horses and ponies.
- Trained and worked for St. Micheals Hospice, St Leonards on Sea. East Sussex
- Trained and worked for Sussex Counselling Service (formerly Summerhayes Counselling Service)
- Trained and worked for Counselling Plus, Hastings, East Sussex
- Worked at ARK Little Ridge Acdemy, Little Ridge, Hastings East Sussex
- Worked at Afterthoughts; National Health Service (NHS) Childrens Centre ,Battle, East Sussex
- Worked at Educational Future Trust, East Sussex
- Worked at Fegans, Castledown Primary School East Sussex
- Project Salus; Primary Mental Health Worker; Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Equine Assisted Therapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Equine therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
Individual Adult counselling £40.00 per 50 minutes @ Ashburnham (Battle, East Sussex)
Children and Young People 7-18 years £25.00 per 50 minutes @ Ashburnham (Battle, East Sussex)
Individual Adult Counselling £45.00 per 50 minutes @ Wellington Centre (Hastings, East Sussex) & The Wellbeing Clinic, Battle Town Centre, East Sussex
Children and Young People £45.00 per 50 minutes @ Wellington Centre (Hastings, East Sussex) & The Wellbeing Clinic, Battle Town Centre, East Sussex
Schools by Invoice; £35.00 Per hour
Employee Assistance Programme £45.00 for 50 minutes
Animal Therapy £55.00 for 50 minutes
Equine Assisted Therapy per 90 minutes £120.00 (East Sussex)
I work with
- young people
- older people
- employee assistance programme
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|