Angie Denman BACP Accred. Dip. Couns. BSC Hons Psychology
46 Cartwright Street
9 Upper King Street
01509 556680 / 07722 873301
About my work-
My counselling training was integrative but focused on the Person-Centred approach, which I chose because of my own experience—and now deeply held acceptance—that every individual is a unique being who is evolving during their life to become all that they can and want to be.
Working with me will give you the opportunity to talk in confidence about your concerns. I can listen to you and in doing this enable you to share your thoughts and feelings with someone who is non-judgemental and accepting of your experiences, then working through them will help you to cope with any situation you find yourself in.
So our work together will give you an opportunity to try and understand yourself and your situation better and then be able to move forward. If you decide to change anything about yourself or your life, it will be because you want to.
I can help you to get in touch with your feelings and enable you to come to terms with them, to help you to feel more empowered, with the focus being you. After a bereavement or any other life event, some of these feelings may be very strong or feel overwhelming at times. As your counsellor I canl be with you, support you and enable you to cope.
I am self-employed and can see you at my own practice in Loughborough (I live within 5 minutes direct walk from the train station) or in Leicester city centre (at Laura Baines-Ball and Associates). I also do home visits for those who have problems for any reason with traveling beyond home. I offer appointments during the day and in the evening and try to be as flexible as possible to meet clients' needs.
- Please see my website- counsellingeastmidlands.uk for more details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Advanced Diploma in Counselling.
- CPCAB Intermediate Certificate in Counselling,
- Ascentis Accredited Supervision Trained
- BSC Honours in Psychology (University of Leeds)
- Registered Midwife (registered with the UKCC May 1991)
- Registered General Nurse (registered with the UKCC May 1988)
- I am a full, accredited member of the BACP and work within their professional and ethical framework.
- I am DBS (CRB) enhanced checked nationally.
I have experience of working for De Montfort University Student Counselling, Cruse Bereavement Care, and Mosaic Shaping Disability Services, working with both long and short term issues with clients 17+, alongside building my own practice since 2008.
My professional interests include fertility and childbirth issues; mental/chronic health and disability issues (I see them as alternate ways of being rather than being illnesses that require a cure or solution); personal esteem and relationship issues; bereavement and loss; student and educational experiences.
Some of the issues I've worked with clients on so far include-
- Anxiety- personal, relationships, work contexts
- Career Counselling
- Depression, including Post-natal Depression (PND)
- Disabilities, long-term health issues (such as ME, MS, Chronic Pain)
- Educational and personal issues for students and under-graduates
- Family issues- including with parents, children and siblings
- Issues of Meaning in Life and personal purpose, whether psychological, spiritual or philosophical in nature.
- Low Self-Esteem and Low Self-Confidence
- Major life changes
- Mental Health issues including- Bipolar ways of being
- Pregnancy and childbirth issues related to fertility treatment, miscarriage, termination of pregnancy, IUFD, neo-natal death, and cot death.
- Relationship Issues- Intimate and Interpersonal, including Betrayals, Separation, Divorce and Abuse
- Work and Employment Issues including- Long-term Health Issues and sickness, Bullying, Stress because of work experiences and roles
I am also a Counselling Supervisor (with an accredited qualification) and enjoy working with colleagues in a collaborative relationship (I'm an accepted supervisor and counsellor for counselling trainees at the University of Nottingham).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
Photos & videos
- For Individual counselling sessions- in Loughborough £40, in Leicester £45
- For Individual supervision- in Loughborough £40, in Leicester £45
I offer a small number of reduced fee places to clients who cannot for health reasons work full-time (this is because I feel strongly that everyone should have access to counselling if possible so please ask me), and also for student counsellors and newly qualified counsellors working towards accreditation.
Home Visits: Counselling in your home
I also do home visits because I feel that everyone should have access to psychological support and am acutely aware that for some clients attending an appointment for which they have to leave home and travel to a practice is too stressful or simply not possible.
Working in your home requires you to have a comfortable and safe, confidential space for one hour in which we can talk. A room where you can express your thoughts and feelings freely without being interrupted, or overheard.
My fees are £40 per hour with an additional £5 to cover my travel costs- so £45 in total (within a 15 miles radius of Loughborough).
So if you feel you could and want do this please contact me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work in- Loughborough: late morning, afternoon and evening appointments on Mondays and Fridays Leicester: appointments on Thursday afternoons and some evening appointments on Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
By its very nature, therapy makes considerable demands upon therapists.View supervision profile