Angeline Hennessy-Thompson MBACP
Areas of Counselling:
- Feeling overwhelmed with life, struggling to juggle everyday tasks
- Wanting better relationships or to feel more connected to family and friends
- Relationship/marriage difficulties
- Feeling depressed and anxious
- Struggling to come to terms with unexpected losses/changes
- Affected by a traumatic experience
- Childhood issues including abuse
All other areas of counselling are listed towards the bottom of the page.
I have worked with young people at The University of Lincoln where I gained experience with diverse client's and presenting issues - depression, anxiety, children of divorce, cultural differences, childhood abuse, social anxiety, anger, self-esteem and confidence.
Working with survivors of abuse and rape - having gained experience working within the national organisation - Survivors Trust.
Ongoing work with St Barnabas, bereavement and pre-bereavement counselling. Coping with losses of any kind can be difficult and have an impact on relationships and work.
I would like to make an appointment, what happens next?
Contact me by email, let me know your available times and I will reply within 1 working day. Include a few sentences saying a little about why you would like counselling. Your first session will help you find out more about what you can expect from the sessions - such as, confidentiality, realistic goals (if relevant) and to talk about what has brought you to counselling. Sessions are weekly and last for 1 hour.
Follow your instinct:
It's important for you to feel comfortable within the counselling relationship, you should feel that your counsellor is working in your best interest.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Dip. Therapeutic Counselling (QCF)
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP) - Registered Member MBACP
- St. Barnabas working with Bereavement and understanding Alzheimer's
- Training and working with survivors of abuse and rape - Survivors Trust
- Online counselling training with TASHA Foundation - experience in working with online clients
- Experienced in working with Bereavement and Pre-Bereavement
- Experienced in working with various presenting issues at University of Lincoln
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Adults - £40
- Couples - £50
- Trainee Counsellors - £30
- Young people - £30 (16-21 years old)
I receive regular updates and CPD training through the British Association for Counselling Practitioners (BACP). As in accordance with registered membership, I inform my practice with current legislation and The Ethical Framework (BACP). I also attend supervision every month to ensure safe and ethical practice.
I offer appointments Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm
Free parking and easily accessible for disabled.
Easy access via public transport.
Safe, non-judgemental and confidential environment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri 7am - 4pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|