Angela Lathey Registered MBACP, Dip. Integrative Counselling.
I am a female Kent counsellor, I was born in Bromley and trained in Dartford with the NHS. I can offer you a free initial consultation. You would be comfortable, relaxed and safe in my discreet and peaceful private therapy room. I work within the BACP ethical framework and with an integrative approach. I am a registered Member of the BACP.
I work face to face with open ended or time limited session runs. I have availability currently.
Sometimes things get us down, something is just not comfortable in our life. Maybe historic issues have more recently resurfaced, or your feelings are overwhelming you. It may be affecting your here and now, at home in relationships or at work. Illness, loss or any one of life's peaks and troughs can leave us feeling lost empty or stressed.
Talking things through, confidentially, with a trained professional with whom you can work to your goals and in your own time, may be helpful. Finding the right therapeutic counsellor for you is important and so in an initial meeting you can decide if I am right for you.
I see Counselling as a process of enablement and enlightenment. We could work together to uncover feelings causes and underlying issues, which affect or maybe disturb your ongoing life. We can understand how to move forward perhaps, just how to cope right now or to provide a platform for you to off load.
Issues I may be able to help with are:
generalised anxiety disorder
seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
post natal depression
separation and divorce
affairs and betrayals
child related issues
low self esteem
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Counselling studies level 3
- Counselling skills level 2
- Youth Mentoring
- Introduction to counselling concepts level 2
- The Impact of Trauma
- Ten Steps to Positive Living
- Working at Relational Depth
- Animal Assisted Interventions level 3
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sand Tray Therapy - Working creatively and with actual sand and toys, bits, bobs and some personal additions. We can work to enable understanding around your presenting issues. We may perhaps learn about personal defences, cognitions and behaviours, which may not have been apparent to you before.
This work can be over a number of sessions, one session, or as a part of your talking therapy experience.
Animal Assisted Therapy / Intervention / Activities (AAT / AAI / AAA) - There are well documented benefits in the bond between humans and animals. If working with an animal appeals to you, you can learn more about therapy with animal intervention here www.scas.org.uk on the Society for Companion Animal Studies. Sessions can be single or a run of several.
Photos & videos
There are several ways to pay:
CASH Bank Transfer
- Evaluation Session - 50 minutes FREE
- Counselling Session, pay as you go - 50 minutes £50.00
1) Twelve sessions payable in advance with no refund option £475 (39.58 per session)
2) Ten sessions payable in advance with no refund option £425 (£42.50 per session)
3) Eight sessions payable in advance with no refund option £375 (£46.87 per session)
4) Six sessions payable in advance with no refund option £290 (£48.33)
The right course for you can be discussed at our free assessment consultation.
Animal Assisted Therapy
When appropriate for your needs, and dependant on the specific intervention. In other words, this works in combination with your treatment plan. Costs will vary.
Sand Tray sessions
One session £50 for 50 minutes.
Have a look at my website and fill in the call back form for a quick phone call, for further info or to book a session. I look forward to talking with you, and appreciate that seeking help is not always easy. Give it a go.
Best Regards Angela
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Short notice appointments and one off sessions as availability allows. Evening appointments are available on Monday,Tuesday or Wednesday. Daytime on Friday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Types of client