Angie Casali BA (Hons) Dip MBACP
My therapeutic approach endeavours to help ease emotional pain as well as supporting clients in working towards living a more fulfilled and rewarding life.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor which means I embrace many models and skills that help me to adapt my approach to suit the individual needs of each client. The models I use include Person Centred/Humanistic, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
In practice I support clients to understand the cycle of patterns in their lives which cause distress, and help facilitate insight into the roots of their thinking, self beliefs and behaviours. I believe past experiences significantly inform and shape our internal structures and affect how we view ourselves within relationships and society.
My aim is to provide a trusting environment where clients feel heard and understood. During this process, a fresh awakening ignites personal empowerment and the confidence to contemplate change or growth in a balanced and natural way.
I have provided psychological support to people in a range of educational and counselling settings which include:
- My private practice
- Fresh Start Psychotherapies
- St Joseph's Hospice bereavement counselling service
- Hackney drug and Alcohol counselling service
- Hackney Carers - working with parents
- Pupil Referral Centre
- Secondary Schools
- NHS Mental Health Support Services
Providing support in areas that include: anxiety, loss of confidence, social anxiety, anger management, self confidence, depression, post abortion, bereavement, cancer, suicidal ideation, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, family difficulties, sexual abuse, gender identity, sexuality, domestic violence, addiction, self harm, trauma, PTSD.
Often we feel the need to share our internal pain with a therapist without knowing specifically why, yet we know our intuition tells us something is not sitting comfortable with us. I work with the here-and-now issues clients present or with historical issues.
Psychotherapy provides a safe, confidential space so that personal difficulties can be gently unfolded and understood at a pace that you set. Each session is an opportunity to feel truly seen and heard in a way that can be deeply healing. This allows themes to surface and a shift towards coming to terms with any problems you are facing. This guides us to set achievable aims for therapy and to be aware of possible difficulties during this process of self discovery.
An initial assessment provides a confidential space to engage with your present feelings and the opportunity to decide if you would like to work with my support.
Therapy can initially be challenging as it requires you to discuss upsetting emotions and painful memories. This process is necessary in order to start to move forward and find healing.
In my experience, holding onto painful feelings and emotions is far more damaging than learning how to express, process and find freedom from psychological blocks. Healing requires understanding your pain with compassion and replacing this with knowledge, new behavioural tools and a new direction in life.
Enquiries can be by email or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - 2 year clinical training in Humanistic/Person centred and Psychodynamic approach
- EFT Accredited Practitioner (tapping) - 1 year study
- Professional Certificate in Counselling Studies - 1 year clinical training in Humanistic/Person centred and Psychodynamic approach
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education - 13 years teaching and mentoring young people
- BA (Hons) in Humanities - 3 year University degree specialising in Sociology
- NHS Mental Health Centre - 2 years with emergency psychological support service referral team
Before training as a psychotherapist, I worked in educational settings where I monitored the emotional wellbeing of professionals and young adults. I gained a depth of knowledge regarding child development, behavioural difficulties and mental health issues.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£50 for an initial session
£50 for each fifty minute session
I provide short or long term therapy.
I reserve a limited number of places for students and those on low income.
I have availability throughout the week and Saturday mornings.
Alternate counselling offered:
*Both of my counselling locations are wheelchair accessible.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|