Angela Boden Registered MBACP DipHe
Hello and thank you for clicking on my profile.
Life can be so challenging and painful at times and seeking counselling may be the first step to finding someone that will really listen to and understand what may be going on for you. My approach is largely based on trust and empathy to understand you as a unique individual, after all we are all different and as such deal with our struggles in different ways. As a fully qualified person-centred counsellor, I offer respectful warmth for the growth and well being of children, young people and adults.
I am aware that most of us lead busy and demanding lives, so I offer daytime, evening and Saturday appointments. I also offer telephone counselling, which can take away some of the stress, restraints and precious time spent traveling.
Please take a look at my website: www.trueclolourscounselling.com for more information, or give me a call/text 07377 393674 to talk about how I may be able to help you.
The counselling process can bring about personal growth, empowerment and forward movement to help ease psychological distress such as: anxiety, panic attacks, loss, separation, identity, stress and the general challenges that day-to-day life can present us with.
My approach is a talking therapy; however I offer play therapy, sand therapy or creative therapy, as sometimes words alone can't express inner thoughts, feelings and emotions.
I am fully qualified and a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and have experience of working with children from the age of 7 upwards. I currently volunteer with adults in a large counselling agency as well as working as a schools counsellor in a secondary school in Chelmsford. Alongside this I have my private practice ‘True Colours Counselling’
I have a quiet, safe and fully equipped therapy room. There is a train station nearby as well as off-road private parking and disabled access. I offer daytime, evening and Saturday morning appointments where one can feel valued and listened to without judgment in a confidential and safe space.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Counselling Skills at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford. Essex.
- DipHE in Counselling (Children and Young People) at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, Essex.
- Counselling practice including creative and play therapy for children and young people
- Skills for counselling for children and young people
- Theory for counselling for children and young people
- Understanding psychosocial development in children and young people
- Historical perspectives in children and young people
- Contemporary perspectives in children and young people
- Understanding psychopathology in children, young people and adults.
- I have experience in working in the ‘helping profession’ for over twelve years. Firstly as a special needs teaching assistant in a large secondary school, followed by two years in an agency setting counselling children and young people.
- I now volunteer in an agency counselling children, young people and adults.
- In addition I am also a schools counsellor in a secondary school.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
The first step is to have an initial assessment. This lasts for about and hour and a half and parents, carers or partners are welcome. The fee for this is £50.
If you then choose to go forward with counselling the fee is £45 for a one to one confidential 50 minute session.
Telephone Counselling fees upon request.
Student discount available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays and Thursdays. Some evening and Saturday morning appointments.
Types of client