Andrew L. Gill, mBACP, BA(Hons)
30 East Street
I am a professional counsellor, welcoming anyone seeking to help change their lives and improve upon their mental well-being. I work eclectically with different therapies on a face-to-face basis and will help design and implement a unique therapy suited for my clients.
I am a member of and adhere to the BACP statute of ethical practice which can be found here (www.bacp.co.uk).
I use an Existential/Person-Centred approach to my work which helps to create the conditions of unconditional positive regard, honesty and empathy that helps to build a professional relationship for my client's therapy.
I can work methodically using CBT and TA methods, and I work with all ages.
Please note that before a client can begin therapy, I am professionally obliged to carry out an initial assessment to determine how to work with them safely. Initial assessments will be carried out by myself face to face before therapy begins on the initial meet and evaluations are made available to check a client's progression.
My contactable hours via phone are: Anytime, however, if unavailable please leave a message with your contact number and a convienient time to contact you.
My email is available anytime.
My working hours are subject to availability and include weekends.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Degree in Counselling (BA Hons)
- Service Level 6 Counselling
- Over 5 years of experience
- Training with Bereavement
- Training with Addiction
- Training with Anxiety
- Training with Depression
- Existential and Person-Centred methodology
- Other therapies I use are CBT, Mindfulness, Relaxation as well as Creative
- Eclectic use of tailored therapies
- Continued professional development and training
- Life experience with; bullying, loneliness, meaninglessness, social angst, self-esteem and confidence issues, working with children, working with vulnerable adults and carers.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
Photos & videos
I charge a fixed rate of £30 per session and sessions are 50 minutes.
I work both from my home in Leigh-On-Sea and at a shared building in Southend-On-Sea, under the company name: Therapy For Life, please use the intercom at the front door to gain access.
Parking is available on the street outside the Leigh-On-Sea address.
Public parking is available within walking distance of the shared building in Southend-On-Sea either in the street or at a car park near by.
Map for Leigh-On-Sea:
Map for Southend-On-Sea:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Phone anytime, if unavailable please leave me a message. Email anytime.
Types of client