Andrew Dale, UKCP reg.
3 Grove Road
Hello. I am a registered Psychotherapist (UKCP). I offer a confidential space to talk if you're feeling stuck, overwhelmed or can't see a way forward. It's also a place to explore changing things in your life.
I have particular interest in supporting people with relationship problems, childhood trauma and abuse, bereavement, self-esteem, direction in life, and spiritual issues. I have experience of working with the following issues: Stress; depression and anxiety; domestic violence; workplace problems; retirement and stages of life; and personality disorder.
My training is Integrative. This means that I have been trained in a model which sees common features across all schools of psychotherapy and counselling and which sees relationships as central to psychological health. My qualifications are listed below. My principal qualification is a Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (completed 2015). I have experience of working in the private and voluntary sector.
I adhere to professional codes of conduct: The British Psychological Society's Generic Professional Practice Guidelines and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy's Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct.
I would be pleased to meet you for an initial meeting in which we can discuss your concerns and see whether further sessions would be useful.
Training, qualifications & experience
Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, Ealing, London.
My other relevant qualifications are:
- Introduction to Group Analysis: Group Analysis South West - a one year training in the principles of group psychotherapy and group work.
- Therapeutic Engagement in Mental Health: Avon & Wiltshire NHS Trust - a one year training in the principles of therapeutic work in a mental health setting.
- BSc (Hons) Psychology, First Class: The Open University
- Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2: City of Bristol College
- Short courses in Brief Solution-focused Therapy; Motivational Interviewing; and Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy: 3-8 days
- In addition I continue to attend regular day courses, events and talks to maintain my own learning and continuing professional development.
I have been seeing clients in private practice since 2013. I also work part-time at Network Counselling & Training, in Bristol, as Counselling Co-ordinator. In the past I have tutored on a Counselling Foundation course, worked in Avon & Wiltshire Partnership NHS Trust as a Trainee Psychotherapist, and worked at Kinergy, in Kingswood as a Trainee Psychotherapist, counselling survivors of sexual abuse and rape.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£45 per 50-minute session.
Please note I usually charge for cancellations with less than 48 hours' notice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays in the daytime.
Types of client