4B Regent Street
Lifeways Health Centre
30 Albany Road
Hi, my name is Andrew and I specialise in counselling young people and adults in Warwickshire. I also counsel and mentor those on the autistic spectrum, including aspergers syndrome.
I have two locations; Lifeways, Stratford-upon-Avon and the Spring Clinic in Leamington Spa. I also offer telephone and on-line counselling.
“I’m fed up of feeling this way.”
“I’m not coping.”
“I just want to get back to my old self.”
“I can’t talk to my family and friends.”
All of us have times of stress in our lives, but when we are struggling to resolve an issue, past or present, and it begins to interfere with our daily living, it can be helpful to talk things through with a trained professional.
"Andrew was a massive help to get me through a very difficult time. He gave me strength to work through the problems I was having, and now I feel stronger and more confident. He made me feel welcome and really listened, and gave amazing advice. If I ever needed help again I would definitely see him."
When I was an adolescent I really struggled with low self-esteem, low confidence, social anxiety and relationship issues. I sought counselling and with a mixture of talking and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) I started to recognise that there were lots of positives in my life and I was taught how to look at my social phobia in a different light and how to become more comfortable in social settings. I now use this experience and techniques to help others with similar issues.
- I have worked as a volunteer counsellor for young people aged 16 to 25 and as a paid youth worker.
- I have 7 years experience of working with adults with learning difficulties and those on the autistic spectrum.
- I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I work to their ethical standards to ensure that you are kept safe during your sessions with me.
- I qualified as a counsellor in 2007.
How can I help you?
By helping you explore difficulties you are experiencing and looking at past and present issues, you will gain a greater understanding of yourself. I will help you find answers and assist you to develop and obtain self-awareness and self-acceptance. I can also work with you in finding coping strategies to help deal with unmanageable emotions that you may be experiencing.
With a person-centred approach, you are leading the way, talking about thoughts and feelings that you want to deal with at your own rate. I will not be telling you what to do but rather helping you to find your own solutions and gain more insight into your situation. Using aspects of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), we can work at challenging any negative thoughts you may have and look at how these can affect your feelings and behaviour. We can also work out how certain beliefs you may hold can influence your thinking and perspective on things and where these beliefs might come from.
I have worked successfully with a diverse range of clients with a wide variety of issues such as;
- generalised anxiety disorder
- autism, aspergers Syndrome
- family issues
- relationship Issues
- low self-esteem
- social anxiety
- self harm
- and many others.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling
- Children and adolescent counselling (ongoing)
- Counselling Studies
- Intermediate Certificate In Counselling Skills
- Introduction To Counselling
- Social Care Diploma Level 2
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Panic attacks
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- Genders and homosexuality
- Motivational Interviewing
- Paranoid Schizophrenia
- Autism awareness
- Safeguarding Young People
- Emergency first aid
- Music Production Skills & Techniques for young people
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
FREE consultation in one of our counselling rooms, or, if you prefer we can have a telephone consultation.
- £40 per 50-minute session
- Telephone counselling £30 per 50 minute session.
- On-line counselling £30 per 50 minute session (similar to skype)
- Reduced rates for trainee counsellors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have availability during the day and evenings (Monday to Saturday)
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|