Andrea Parsons - Adv.Dip.Int.Counselling
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to view my profile.
I have my own private practise and my aim is to offer a comfortable and relaxed environment, I believe the more relaxed a client is the more able they are to open up and talk about what is troubling them.
With the pressures of life and things placed on us such as Work, Relationships, Home-Life, Health and the Loss of Loved Ones, can leave us feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
Feeling overwhelmed and stressed can evoke unwanted thoughts and feelings such as Anxiety, Panic Attacks, Depression, Helplessness and other unwanted thoughts and feelings, sometimes resulting in negative behaviour.
Counselling will give you the opportunity to explore these feelings in a non-judgemental, confidential place, and at a speed that is comfortable to you.
Working together to prioritise what is important to you, will help to improve confidence, self-esteem and and create positive change.
I am a professionally trained and experienced Counsellor.
I am fully insured and CRB checked, I have regular Supervision and committed to ongoing professional development.
I am a integrative Counsellor, trained and qualified in Psychodynamic Counselling, Transactional Analysis, Person Centred and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
Combining these theories together helps me to meet clients Counselling needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AQA Advanced Diploma in Counselling Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Transactional Analysis
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Skills Working with Grief
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Concepts Humanistic Counselling
- Certificate in Drug and Alcohol Counselling Theory and Practise
- Certificate in Attachment and Loss Theory and Practise
- Gained from AQA awarding Body
5 Years of Experience and Private Practise.
In addition to my private practise, I have worked voluntary at Blenhiem Primary School and Children Centre, offering Counselling to Adults.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- £35.00 per Session 50 mins.
- A safe, peaceful and confidential room.
- A residential area, free parking outside location, in quiet safe location.
- I am available for day time and evening appointments and sometimes weekends
- If you are a Student Studying Counselling and are required to undergo personal therapy to complete the course, I can offer counselling at a reduced rate of £25.00
Types of Counselling Offered
- One to One Counselling
- Adults and Young People
- Long or Short Term Counselling
To enquire about booking an appointment or any queries you might have, then please call on 07772583852. If am unable to answer your phone call then please leave a message (which is private and confidential) and I will call you back or if you prefer you can email me email@example.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client