Ana Vidal, Masters in Psychodynamic Counselling (MSc), MBACP
Room 42, Cannon Drive
Hello, if you find yourself reading this, it might be because you are wondering about talking to a counsellor. It takes courage to admit to oneself the need for help and a lot of trepidation goes with it. If you feel overwhelmed, stuck by your circumstances or going round in circles as if nothing was ever going to change, then counselling by a professional can help you.
In Canary Wharf (East London), I provide a confidential and non-judgmental space where you can talk about what brings you to therapy and explore troubling thoughts and emotions. I will aim to help you look at how you feel or react to situations and people to get a better understanding of how you experience these, and as we gain insight into your experiences, this understanding gives you the time and space to come to choices and solutions that are right for you.
I am experienced in providing one to one therapy to clients that come with a wide range of issues, in both English and Spanish, from ages 18th to 60+. The Canary Wharf practice is a mere seven minutes walk from Canary Wharf Underground Station (Jubilee Line) or 4 minutes from West India Quay DLR station, making it accessible from areas such as London Bridge, Greenwich, Stratford, Waterloo & Blackfriars.
Equally, if for some reason you find it difficult to access therapy in any other way, you can Skype me from anywhere in the UK.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters of Science (MSc) in Psychodynamic Counselling (Birkbeck University College)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Diploma in Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Certificate in Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
My professional experience has been in the NHS Service as an Honorary Psychotherapist with clients suffering from Medically Unexplained Symptoms, abuse and trauma. Also, I have gained experience in the Charity Sector working within a Multi Ethnic Counselling Service, where many of my clients, were born abroad.
Most recently, I am in private practice working not only in English but also as a Spanish Language Counsellor.
I have experience dealing with
- Stress and Anxiety
- Work Related Struggles
- Dealing with fears and/or feelings of underachievement
- Relationship difficulties, like feeling stuck in unhelpful patterns of relating at work or finding hard to sustain good relationships.
- Adapting to different cultures as a migrant
- Intercultural or cross cultural relationships
- Finding your aim in life, direction and sense of identity
- Feelings of emptiness and loneliness
- Sexual Identity and struggles with sexuality related experiences
- Sexual Abuse / Trauma
- Bereavement and loss
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
East London, Canary Wharf, Counselling in Spanish, Therapy in Spanish
£70.00 per session
A limited number of low fee sessions are also available. Please contact me for further details.
I offer one to one counselling to adults in East London and provide counselling in both English and Spanish.
I have good experience with pensioners and people in theris 60s and olders.
I run also a Spanish Language Counselling service available within the Canary Wharf Counselling Service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings: Only on thursdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|