0208 656 7832 / 07779 139818
Perhaps lately you have been feeling irritable, blowing up at family, friends, and work colleagues without knowing why. Maybe you have found yourself unable to control your thoughts and get on with life and have either got over emotional or have shut off your emotions. If any of this rings a bell you may be suffering from stress, anxiety or depression. If this has been going on for over two weeks it is a sign that you need to take action. I aim to provide you with a space where you can talk in confidence about issues or problems that might be affecting your life with a view to finding a way forward. I consider myself to be a warm, down to earth counsellor, with my clients’ best interests at heart and will treat you as an individual.
I first began working as a therapist in 2008 and am a fully qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist accredited by the BACP. I work in Croydon and the surrounding areas providing confidential counselling to individual adults and young people, in private practice at my home, via video call, or in schools and other institutions.
I have extensive experience of working with clients suffering from stress, anxiety and depression. I also have worked considerably with clients with autism, Asperger's, dyspraxia, dyslexia, and post-traumatic stress. My special interest is in cultural/bicultural identity development. This list is not exhaustive as I have worked with a broad range of issues.
I have a mixed heritage English/Mexican background and am able to conduct counselling in Spanish. My practice room has a warm and welcoming feeling to it providing you with a calm space in which to explore what is going on for you (see image below).
I am a fully Registered Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and also have membership with ISPS and Metanoia. Membership of these professional bodies means that I abide by strict Codes of Ethics and professional practice. You can be assured of the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
Training, qualifications & experience
- University of Greenwich; MSc in Therapeutic Counselling, distinction
- London University, Goldsmiths; Cert. Humanistic & Psychodynamic Counselling
- Birkbeck College; Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Birkbeck College; Introduction to Counselling
- London University, Goldsmiths ;BA (Hons) 1st Class, Spanish & Latin American Studies
Latest further training attended:
- University of Derby (online); Dr Simon Bignall: Understanding Autism, Asperger’s and ADHD
- Metanoia; Dr Paul Hitchings: Certificate in Supervision: An Integrative Relational Approach
- Anna Freud Centre/EBPU; Miranda Wolpert: Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- Anna Freud Centre ;Peter Fonagy & Trudie Rossouw: Mentalization-based Treatment for Adolescence (MBTA-A)
- righton Therapy Partnership, Maxine Aston: Raising Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
- Greenwich University, Dr Andrew Powell: Medicine, Science & the Mind
- Tavistock, Graham Music: Child Development Research for Professionals Working with Children, Young People and Families
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
My fee for a standard 50 minute Counselling Session is £40.00. At times I am able to offer a discount on this rate for students, key workers, and those unable to meet the full fee. Please do not hesitate to mention to me that you wish to take advantage of the discount system. Mission Statement: To provide affordable counselling within the community and to be a part of the community.
I aim to offer you a session as soon as possible and accept referrals from doctors and other health and social care professionals and am a registered provider with Aviva. I take equal opportunities seriously and embrace the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
My practice is based close to East Croydon Station and Lebanon Road/Sandilands tram stops, and is on bus routes 119, 194, 198, 466.
Wheelchair access may be possible as there is just one small step; please ring me whatever your access requirements so that this can be discussed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be flexible and work to 10 pm Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Please contact me to discuss scheduling sessions.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I aim to work with you within a mutually respectful relationship with an attitude open to learning from each other and will encourage, support and challenge you in keeping with the core conditions.View supervision profile