0208 656 7832 / 07779 139818
I have worked extensively with stress, anxiety, generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), relationship issues, depression and family issues. I am an Integrative Counsellor, put simply this means that my training allows me to work in more than one type of therapy and am therefore able to tailor counselling to meet your needs. I am successful in using EMDR to help clients to put frightening, painful, tragic, or humiliating experiences behind them for both recent and past experiences.
I have worked in GP surgeries, schools, and private practice helping people from all walks of life with a very broad range of issues. Currently a lot of clients are coming to me with stress, anxiety, relationship issues, together with traumas both big and small. My research interests are cultural/bicultural identity development, psychosis and psychotic experiences, stress, anxiety and trauma.
I have a mixed heritage English/Mexican background and am able to conduct counselling in Spanish. My practice room has a warm and welcoming feeling to it providing you with a calm space in which to explore what is going on for you (see image below).
I am a fully Registered Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and also have membership with ISPS and Metanoia. Membership of these professional bodies means that I abide by strict Codes of Ethics and professional practice. You can be assured of the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality. I take equal opportunities seriously and embrace the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
I know how hard it is to make the move to see a counsellor and I will aim to see you as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply from me within 24 hours please check your spam box or call me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Metanoia Institute, Certificate in Supervision: An Integrative Relational Approach
- University of Greenwich; MSc in Therapeutic Counselling, distinction
- London University, Goldsmiths; Cert. Humanistic & Psychodynamic Counselling
- Birkbeck College; Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Birkbeck College; Introduction to Counselling
- London University, Goldsmiths ;BA (Hons) 1st Class, Spanish & Latin American Studies
Latest further training attended/scheduled:
- The EMDR Academy: EMDR Part 1
- Ruth Morgan:Couple Dynamics
- ISPS:Trauma and psychosis: perspectives on psychodynamics
- South Bank University: Metacognitive therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Talk To A Counsellor:Effective Telephone Counselling
- BACP Private \Practice Conference:Relationships: Why do we bother?
- The Games People Play in the Therapy Room
- Sexual issues in relationship counselling
- Love and its Shadows: Existential perspectives on relationships
- University of Derby (online):Understanding Autism, Asperger’s and ADHD
- Anna Freud Centre/EBPU:Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- Anna Freud Centre:Mentalization-based Treatment for Adolescence (MBTA-A)
- Brighton Therapy Partnership:Raising Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Mission Statement: To provide affordable counselling within the community and to be a part of the community.
Initial consultations take between 50 and 60 minutes. Face-to-face and video counselling sessions last a standard 50 minutes, as do coaching sessions. The standard fee for these sessions is £40.
Telephone counselling sessions may be booked for either a standard 50 minutes at £40 or for 25 minutes at £20.
Relationship Therapy (Couple Counselling), EMDR and Clinical supervision sessions of 60 minutes are charged at £45, and 90 minutes at £65.
I do offer a discount on all the above rates for students, key workers, and those unable to meet the full fee. Please do not hesitate to mention to me that you wish to take advantage of the discount system.
PLEASE NOTE MY EVENING/WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS ARE FULLY BOOKED AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.
I aim to be flexible and offer you a session as soon as possible. I accept referrals from GPs and other health and social care professionals. I am also a Registered Provider and Associate Counsellor for several Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs). Please feel free to contact me to access counselling through your EAP or pass my details on to them when contacting their dedicated helpline.
My practice is based close to East Croydon Station and Lebanon Road/Sandilands tram stops, and is on bus routes 119, 194, 198, 466.
Wheelchair access may be possible as there is just one small step; please ring me whatever your access requirements so that this can be discussed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be flexible and work till late several evenings and Sunday mornings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide clinical supervision in Croydon for student counsellors, qualified counsellors, life coaches, teaching staff and medical staff.View supervision profile