0208 656 7832 / 07779 139818
Perhaps lately you have been feeling irritable, blowing up at family, friends, and work colleagues without knowing why. Maybe you have found yourself unable to control your thoughts and get on with life and have either got over emotional or have shut off your emotions. If any of this rings a bell you may be suffering from stress, anxiety or depression which in turn may be causing relationship issues. If this has been going on for over two weeks it is a sign that you might need to take action. I aim to provide you with a space where you can talk in confidence about issues or problems that might be affecting your life with a view to finding a way forward.
I first began working as a therapist in 2008 and am a fully qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist accredited by the BACP. I work in Croydon and the surrounding areas providing confidential counselling to individual adults and young people, in private practice face-to-face at my home, via video call or telephone, or in schools and other institutions.
I have extensive experience of working with clients suffering from stress, anxiety/generalised anxiety disorder, depression and trauma/post-traumatic stress. I also have worked considerably with clients going through emotional turmoil due to family issues and relationship issues related to affairs and betrayals/separation and divorce. Although over the years I have worked with a broad range of issues which includes: Autism/Asperger syndrome, ADD/ADHD, anger management, bereavement, bullying in school and the workplace, child related issues, cultural identity, eating disorders, gender identity, health related issues, mental health issues, personal development, post-traumatic stress, psychosis, rape, redundancy, relationships, couples counselling, self-esteem, self-harm, trauma, women’s issues, work related issues. My special interest is in cultural/bicultural identity development.
I have a mixed heritage English/Mexican background and am able to conduct counselling in Spanish. My practice room has a warm and welcoming feeling to it providing you with a calm space in which to explore what is going on for you (see image below).
I am a fully Registered Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy) and also have membership with ISPS and Metanoia. Membership of these professional bodies means that I abide by strict Codes of Ethics and professional practice. You can be assured of the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality. I take equal opportunities seriously and embrace the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
I aim to reply within 24 hours. If you have not heard from me within 48 hours please check your junk or call me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Metanoia Institute, Certificate in Supervision: An Integrative Relational Approach
- University of Greenwich; MSc in Therapeutic Counselling, distinction
- London University, Goldsmiths; Cert. Humanistic & Psychodynamic Counselling
- Birkbeck College; Diploma in Applied Psychology
- Birkbeck College; Introduction to Counselling
- London University, Goldsmiths ;BA (Hons) 1st Class, Spanish & Latin American Studies
Latest further training attended/scheduled:
- Ruth Morgan:Couple Dynamics
- ISPS:Trauma and psychosis: perspectives on psychodynamics
- South Bank University: Metacognitive therapy for Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Talk To A Counsellor:Effective Telephone Counselling
- BACP Private \Practice Conference:Relationships: Why do we bother?
- The Games People Play in the Therapy Room
- Sexual issues in relationship counselling
- Love and its Shadows: Existential perspectives on relationships
- University of Derby (online):Understanding Autism, Asperger’s and ADHD
- Anna Freud Centre/EBPU:Making evidence-based practice a reality in child mental health
- Anna Freud Centre:Mentalization-based Treatment for Adolescence (MBTA-A)
- Brighton Therapy Partnership:Raising Awareness of Asperger Syndrome
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
Photos & videos
Mission Statement: To provide affordable counselling within the community and to be a part of the community.
Initial consultations take between 50 and 60 minutes. Face-to-face and video counselling sessions last a standard 50 minutes as do coaching sessions. All these sessions are charged at £40.
Telephone counselling sessions may be booked for either a standard 50 minutes at £40 or for 25 minutes at £20.
Clinical supervision sessions of 60 minutes are charged at £40, and 90 minutes at £60.
I do offer a discount on these rates for students, key workers, and those unable to meet the full fee. Please do not hesitate to mention to me that you wish to take advantage of the discount system.
I aim to be flexible and offer you a session as soon as possible. I accept referrals from GPs and other health and social care professionals. I am also a registered provider with Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs) including Wellbeing Solutions Management (WSM), Aviva, and Cigna HealthCare.
My practice is based close to East Croydon Station and Lebanon Road/Sandilands tram stops, and is on bus routes 119, 194, 198, 466.
Wheelchair access may be possible as there is just one small step; please ring me whatever your access requirements so that this can be discussed.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I aim to be flexible and work to 10 pm Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Please contact me to discuss scheduling sessions.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I provide clinical supervision in Croydon for student counsellors, qualified counsellors, life coaches, teaching staff and medical staff.View supervision profile