Mandy Gaze - MBACP Accredited, MSc Counselling
01896 831311 / 07790 666247
I'm an experienced and accredited counsellor and psychotherapist with over ten years experience.Call or email to set up an initial session. An initial 30 minute consultation will give you a chance to talk about your main concerns, focus on what you want from counselling, and help you decide if you want to work with me.If you're happy to continue then we can arrange further appointments.
Trained in person centred counselling and trauma work I integrate different ways of working in response to what comes up during sessions building a safe therapeutic relationship where you can feel free to explore at your own pace. My role is to help you explore, discover and clarify ways of living your life with a greater sense of wellbeing.
Long, medium or short term counselling offered for anyone over 16 years old . I also offer counselling supervision.
I work in Edinburgh, Penicuik and the Scottish Borders and offer appointments during the week and also at weekends and some evenings
- Face to Face
- Via secure internet link on VSEE or by phone - For when there's difficulty accessing face to face sessions
- Walk and Talk therapy for those of you who wish to include the healing benefits of nature as we talk on a planned green walking route
Counselling with Mandy gave me back my life. My mind had spiraled out of control due to unresolved issues that had accumulated over the years and had resurfaced with the death of my beloved father. Mandy made it easy for me to understand what had happened in my brain, then had given me some powerful tools to deal with the stresses I was under at the time. Along with her patience and empathy I found it easy to open up and talk through some childhood parenting issues. At 52, therapy was not at first easy to associate myself with. I thought that I could heal myself. This was not true, I couldn't and by the time I found Mandy I was in a real mess. A mess that could have been sorted out so much sooner. If you are reading this, give yourself the tools to not only understand but heal. Give Mandy an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training track has been a journey from body centred practice to talking therapy and I now use insights gained from both in the way I work.
I have over ten years experience which includes working in NHS settings, specialist voluntary sector counselling services specialising in abuse and trauma recovery and also in private practice.
My background and training includes counselling, body work, trauma informed psychotherapy, and training in counselling supervision.
- MSc(Distinction) in Counselling studies from Edinburgh University
- Supervising Individuals and Groups - Strathclyde University Counselling Unit
- Sensory Motor Psychotherapy - Level 1 , Sensory Motor Psychotherapy Institute
- Trained in Postual Integration, deep myofascial massage and emotional release - ITEC massage anatomy and physiology
- TRE (Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises) Certified Provider and Mentor, Co director of TRE Scotland (cic) www.trescotland.com
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
My fee's are negotiable according to individual circumstances
- £20 - initial half hour appointment
- £40 - Counselling hour
- £35 - Internet /phone
- £60 - 1.5 hour counselling session /TRE introductory session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays and some weekend and evening appointments
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I’m person centred in orientation but very familiar with psychodynamic theories.View supervision profile