Amanda Burbidge - Integrative Counselling
Somerset Counselling Centre
07849 037 095
During our lives, we may experience difficult and distressing events and or feelings, which can appear to have no solution or end on the horizon.
Sometimes it is not always clear what exactly is making us feel the way we do, all we know is that life is not comfortable and we are unhappy.
I support people in discovering how time for themselves spent in counselling can enable and facilitate the unravelling of thoughts and thus assist in making sense of that which has been disrupting the individuals peace of mind.
I am fully insured to work in private practice and attend regular supervision in line with the BACP code for ethical practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy - Distinction
- CCETSW - Merit
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy
- Applied Suicide Intervention
- South Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service
- South Somerset Mind Counsellor,
- Somerset County Council Young Carers Project Counsellor
- Cruse qualified
I am a registered member(153540) of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
£40.00 individual session rate
£60.00 couple session rate
I have some concessionary places, for those requiring financial support.
My therapy rooms all involve stairs and therefore disability access is an issue. Not wishing to exclude those who would find these venues impossible, please do get in contact, as an alternative venue is available in Taunton, upon request.
I am striving to locate a more suitable venue in or close to Sherborne, that better meets the needs of all clients. In the mean time, please be advised that home visits will be considered. If this might be helpful to you, please ask.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am reasonably flexible in regard to days/evenings, however I do not work on Saturday afternoons or Sunday's.
Types of client