Amanda Burbidge - Integrative Counselling
Somerset Counselling Centre
The Sherborne Rooms
56 Cheap Street
07849 037 095
During our lives, we may experience difficult and distressing events and or feelings, which can appear to have no solution or end on the horizon.
Sometimes it is not always clear what exactly is making us feel the way we do, all we know is that life is not comfortable and we are unhappy.
I support people in discovering how time for themselves spent in counselling can enable and facilitate the unravelling of thoughts and thus assist in making sense of that which has been disrupting the individuals peace of mind.
I am fully insured to work in private practice and attend regular supervision in line with the BACP code for ethical practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- FdSc Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy - Distinction
- CCETSW - Merit
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Behavioural Couples Therapy for Alcoholism and Drug Abuse
- Applied Suicide Intervention
- KUFs Working with Personality Disorder
- South Somerset Drug and Alcohol Service
- Somerset Volunteer Counsellor
- South Somerset Mind Counsellor, Young Carers
- Qualified CRUSE Counsellor
I am a registered member(153540) of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Physical abuse
I charge £40.00 for each therapeutic hour, payable each week by bank transfer or by cash.
I am willing to discuss reduced fees for students and those experiencing extreme hardship, please do ask, if you feel this may be appropriate to your situation.
My therapy rooms all involve stairs and therefore Disability access is an issue. Not wishing to exclude those who would find these venues impossible, please do get in contact, as an alternative venue is available in Taunton, upon request. Home visits are also considered, in certain situations.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am reasonably flexible in regard to days/evenings, however I do not work on Saturday afternoons or Sunday's.
Types of client