Alvan Brooks MBACP (Accred).
4 Good Health
100-104 London Road
If you are not quite sure how to begin making your life better but feel you need to make a start and a change, then please contact me.
I am a qualified and Integrative counsellor. This means that I will work with you to ensure we find the most effective way forward for you.
I understand that we are all different and therefore we need different approaches to work through problems and issues.
Personally speaking, I now realise what a benefit counselling would have been to me years ago. Losing my father at the age of twelve, I encountered grief, loss and discriminatory behaviour. These life experiences have helped me to understand and empathise with a wide range of emotions, fears and difficulties. They have also motivated me to help others.
I am non judgemental and accepting of my clients, whatever their situations my be.
Please note that there is a lift and wheel chair access and facilities at 4 Good Health premises.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified, registered and accredited counsellor with the British Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors. (MBACP Accredited).
My counselling experience covers a wide variety of situations and needs. These include:
* Sheffield Hallam University, associate counsellor to students and staff.
* Working with NHS staff in Derbyshire Community Health Services - with a scope of both personal and professional issues.
* Supporting residents of a men's homeless shelter, whose needs were varied, far reaching and often complex.
* Bereavement counselling at St. Luke's Hospice, supporting family members, helping them cope with and understand the myriad of emotions, and effects of losing loved ones. Guiding them through their adjustments of life.
* Private clients, whose issues have included:
- Low self esteem and self confidence
- Family problems
- Work related issues
- Depression and stress
- Cultural and cross - cultural issues
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Low self esteem
- Bereavement counselling
- Coping with life and loneliness
- Racial issues
- Loss of parents before adulthood
- Work, redundancy and professional issues
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Please contact me by phone or email to discuss your personal situation. However, my general rate per session is £40.00.
07887 622815 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
In my role as a counsellor, I feel it is my connection with my clients that helps to make a difference. That difference involves improvement of their emotional and mental wellbeing.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client