A J England
85 Park Road
I use an integrated approach where I include the body, mind, feelings and spirituality. I use traditional and alternative methods, supporting individuals, couples, groups and families on a variety of issues, that include physical and emotional trauma, I work in an empathic, open, safe, and direct style. Sessions are very much in the here and now, working with what you wish to transform, Reflecting on the past can be useful it is not imperative.
It is often only when the body-mind-spirit connection is realised that true change can occur. A combination of talking and body therapy does just this; it combines intellectual insight with the wisdom of the body to shift how we “show up” in the world.
The Body mind awareness supports you to shift your thinking and also the way you/your body respond in challenging situations. There are various body release techniques so you can let go of restrictive tensions that build up in the body. Taking steps to get to know the inner you, using, talk therapy, body work, creativity, movement and visualisation can transform your attitude towards yourself, and ultimately your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am trained in a variety of modalities including psychosynthesis talking therapy, meditation, visualisation, creative expression. Body work such as Polarity Therapy, Hot Stone Therapy, Aromatherapy, Reflexology, Reiki and Indian Head Massage. I work by using these skills I also constantly observe and use my intuition, which I have fine-tuned over the years through mindfulness meditation and various spiritual practices including shamanism and healing groups.
- I have worked in the mental health and substance misuse field for 15yrs specialising in trauma and self-harm.
- I also have experience in palliative care, working with people dying from a life limiting illness and their loved ones.
- I have previously worked as a life coach and actor.
- I am a mother of 3 children aged 1-18yrs
- I attend regular clinical supervision; I have my own on-going personal therapy. I am fully insured and adhere to BACP and IFHT guidelines.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Taking the first step can be daunting, I welcome you and together we will move forwards. I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday, Thursday others may be available on request