Dr Ally (Payal) Tomlins CPsychol DClinPsy
I am a Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist and Family Therapy Practitioner with over 10 years experience of working in the NHS, private and voluntary sectors. I am accredited through the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I am a chartered member of the Division of Clinical Psychology and the British Psychological Society. I am also a member of the Institute of Family Therapy.
I specialise in working with adults and couples. I offer Cognitive, Behavioral, Psychodynamic, Solution Focused, Narrative, Systemic and Mindfulness therapies. I believe in tailoring the therapy to my client's needs. Often, the therapeutic package I offer will draw on a mix of therapeutic techniques designed to optimise individual and couples' mental wellbeing.
I offer neuropsychological assessments for dementia, cognitive impairment and IQ testing.
I also work with organisations to enable their staff to achieve optimal mental health and maximize their performance.
It has been a privilege to set up and clinically lead some award winning nationally recognised services for the NHS. I am also a lecturer on the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Training Course at the University of Surrey. I am experienced clinical supervisor for the UCL, UEL, Royal Holloway and Surrey clinical psychology doctoral training programmes.
Please call or email me if you would like an appointment. I usually have a brief chat with you over the phone and then book you in to one of my clinics if I feel it would be helpful for us to meet.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - University of Surrey, UK
- Family Therapy Practitioner - Prudence Skynner School of Family & Couples Therapy, London, UK
- BA (HONS) Psychology - Newcastle University, UK
- Leadership & Management - Chartered Management Institute, London, UK
Membership of professional bodies
- Accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of the British Psychological Society
- Chartered Member of the Division of Clinical Psychology
- Member of the Institute of Family Therapy
I have provided specialist psychological guidance and leadership to adult and older adult services in South West London & St George's Mental Health NHS Trust, West London Mental Health NHS Trust, South London & the Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, East London NHS Foundation Trust and Surrey & Borders Partnership NHS Trust. I enjoy a track record of leading NHS services that are nationally recognised and have won awards for innovative practice and gold standard provision of care to patient and their families.
I have a long history of working with voluntary sector agencies. Currently, I am passionate about my work in partnership with the Alzheimer's Society and Trinity Hospice.
I lecture on the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Course at Surrey University. It has been a joy to influence the profession through my clinical supervision of trainee clinical psychologists on the Surrey, UCL, UEL and Royal Holloway Clinical Psychology Doctoral Courses.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Childhood bereavement
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- £100 per hour for assessment and therapy
- £60 per hour for clinical supervision
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays - Fridays 5.30-8.00pm Saturdays - 9am -12pm and 1pm-4pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|