Allan Gois (Registered Member MBACP Accred, MBPsS)
338 City Road
I am an accredited Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist with experience (NHS and Private) of working with a great variety of mental health issues, personality problems and relationship struggles. I have seen clients and patients coming from a wide range of backgrounds and presenting the most diverse of issues.
I have over 10 years of experience practicing psychotherapy and counselling. I have experience in private practice as well as in the NHS. I have also worked with different institutions and organisations. My experience has helped me to develop a non-judgmental, empathetic and flexible approach learning from each client and adapting with each therapy.
I can also provide therapy in Portuguese and Spanish.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies (Tavistock/UEL)
- MA in Clinical Psychology and Psychosomatics
- BA/Training in Psychology/Psychotherapy
- BA in Theology
I have worked with clients and patients from many different countries and cultures, in different stages and circumstances of life and presenting a great variety of issues. Some of the difficulties I have helped clients with are:
Abuse; Addictions; Anxiety; Anger; Bereavement; Bipolar Disorder; Depression; Dissociation; Eating Disorders; Flatness of Emotions; Low Self-Esteem; Mood Swings; Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Panic Attacks; Phobias; Psychosexual Difficulties; Psychosomatic Symptoms; Relationship Difficulties; Relationship Violence and Abuse; Stress; Trauma and Traumatic Events; Work Related Issues.
My professional memberships:
- BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy): MBACP Accred (Accredited Member N. 655550). I work under the BACP Ethical Framework.
- BACP Register: Accredited Member (N. 22400)
- BPS (British Psychological Society): MBPsS (Graduate Member N. 225811)
- BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council): Accredited DIT (Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy) Therapist - DIT Roster
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) for patients struggling with mild to moderate depression and anxiety.
Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) is a type of brief psychodynamic psychotherapy that has been specially developed for the treatment of depression. Thetherapy aims to help the person understand and work through feelings, thoughts and relationship patterns that contribute to depression. DIT is currently being rolled out nationally in the NHS as a modality for the treatment of mild to moderate depression and anxiety.
DIT takes place over the course of 16 weekly sessions.
Fees for DIT is £85 per session (50 minutes).
If you are interested in pursuing this modality of treatment, please contact me and mention that you are seeking Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT).
Photos & videos
£80 per session (50 minutes)
I am registered with the following Health Insurance Providers*:
*Please note that the fees for Health Insurance Providers are higher.
*Please consult your provider in regards to your cover and procedures to receive treatment.
Choosing a psychotherapist can be a very difficult and personal decision. Every client is unique, and so is each therapy. Please feel free to contact me for an initial consultation or if you have any queries about how psychotherapy can help you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Spanish, Portuguese|
Monday to Friday, 09.00 - 20.30