Alison Sutcliffe MBACP & ACTO Member
Is life feeling too difficult for you right now? Do you feel like you’re in a crisis or maybe at a turning point? Whatever is going on for you I would like to help.
I believe that Counselling should fit around your life therefore I offer you different ways of accessing Counselling with me:
- Face-to-Face Counselling in SE6 - easy access from Forest Hill, Catford, Sydenham, Bellingham and beyond.
- Online Counselling from your own home or even while you travel - I offer Online Counselling via Email or Online Chat.
Whichever way you to decide to access Counselling, my aim is to provide you with a 1-2-1 Counselling space where you feel safe enough to explore what is going on for you and, from this, create positive change for yourself.
I find that the experience of being truly heard is so often missing from our lives – therefore feeling listened to, and understood, can provide fresh insight that helps bring about deeper personal understanding.
This, in turn, can lead us to see our difficulties more clearly and help us make changes that enable us to manage our lives more happily and successfully.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been practising as a counsellor since 2009 and I’ve completed specialist online training in order to provide Online Counselling. I am a Person-centred counsellor – this means that I believe that you are unique and you have the innate ability to grow towards your own full potential.
I didn’t take a direct career path into counselling. I spent many years working in the IT industry before deciding that I needed a new direction in my life – I signed up for an introductory counselling course. This gave me the personal permission I needed at the time to seek my own personal counselling – the experience was transformative. My initial training, and my positive experience as a counselling client, motivated me to proceed further and complete my full counselling training.
I work in an LGBTQ Affirmative way and I welcome people from all lifestyle choices and sexual orientations. I am continually informing myself about the breadth of cultural backgrounds and experiences that come together to make each one of us unique – I’d always hope to be able to meet you fully regardless of the differences between us.
My qualifications to date:
- Diploma in Practitioner Counselling Skills (person-centred approach) - City Lit 2010
- Diploma in Online Therapeutic Counselling (studying for this qualification currently) - Online Training For Counsellors 2015
- General Certificate in Online Counselling Skills - Online Training For Counsellors 2013
- CBT for Person Centred Practitioners - City Lit 2015
- Making Trauma Therapy Safer - with Babette Rothschild 2015
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - City Lit 2008
- Time Limited Counselling - City Lit 2008
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Our initial telephone or email consultation will be free of charge - let's work out whether we're right for each other without a financial commitment.
I offer discounted rates for those with low or no income - please contact me to have a chat about your circumstances.
Face-to-Face daytime sessions in SE6 and Online Counselling session prices can be seen below:
- 1 x Counselling Session £40
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime week day sessions available in SE6. Daytime & evening weekday sessions available for Online Counselling work.
Types of client