Ruth Hill - MNCS Accredited, MBACP Registered Counsellor, CBT
Relationship issues, stress at work, family issues, bereavement, financial problems, anxious or depressed, lacking confidence or is life just getting you down?
At times, life’s challenges can become overwhelming and you may find yourself feeling down, depressed, lost, anxious, fearful or stressed by circumstances in your life that seem out of control. It’s not easy to ask for help or to take the first step in contacting a counsellor. Perhaps it is a decision you have thought about for some time, or perhaps you have recently realised something needs to change in your life. Maybe you’re not sure why you are feeling this way or even what it is you’re feeling.
Over the course of your lifetime, you may face obstacles that require you to deal with change. It can be very difficult to navigate through these transitional periods let alone deal with the various emotions that arise.
Major life transitions such as divorce, relationship issues, financial loss, redundancy, bereavement, or ill-health can result in feelings of sadness, fear, uncertainty or of being alone.
Maybe the feelings you are dealing with are not resulting from a major life transition. Perhaps you have always lacked confidence, feared social situations, lacked direction, struggled with anxiety or depression.
Therapy is a place for you to focus on yourself; your worries, fears, and frustrations. Transforming your life begins with awareness of your current experiences and unravelling complex feelings and emotions so that you can begin to understand and make sense of why you feel the way you do.
As an integrative counsellor, I will combine various therapeutic strategies, and work with you to determine the best approach guided by your individual needs. I employ a variety of approaches including, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Person-centred and Psychodynamic approaches. By understanding the reasons for your challenges we can work together and uncover your hidden strengths and identify your goals.
Respect, trust, empathy and discretion are at the heart of my practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Certificate of Proficiency - British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Honours degree in Law (LLB) 2:1 (QUB)
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Foundation degree in Counselling from University of Ulster with Distinction
- Certificate in Counselling Skills from University of Ulster with Distinction
- Clinical Assessment - Risk Management, Suicide Prevention and Risk Assessment 2017
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA Northern lreland 2014 )
- Certificate of Achievement- Brief Solution Focused Therapy 2014
- Certificate of Achievement - Mindfulness 2016
- Child and Vulnerable Adult Protection 2014
- Certificate of Attendance CPD Training Programme- Domestic Violence and Abuse Training 2016
- ASIST Suicide First Aid (April 2017)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
Standard fee is £35 for a session lasting 50 minutes
Student rate £25
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client