Alison Marley PGDiP DTC MBACP
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
07719 473 175
Hello and welcome
You may be reading this if you're struggling with difficult feelings or experiences. At a time when you might be feeling lost and nothing seems clear, counselling offers you a safe space and time to feel really listened to, understood and accepted. Counselling allows people to discuss their problems and any difficult feelings they encounter in a safe, confidential environment. It's a process people seek when they want to change something in their lives or if they want to explore their thoughts and feelings in more depth.
No two people are the same so I offer a flexible and eclectic counselling service in Newcastle upon Tyne. I provide counselling that is tailored to you as an individual and which is built around a supportive and non-judgmental relationship. Clients describe me as a warm and dynamic counsellor who is helpful both for people seeking counselling for the first time and those who have had counselling in the past.
A fully qualified and experienced counsellor I am a registered member of the BACP and accredited by the UKCP. I've worked with clients to overcome a broad range of issues including depression, anxiety, panic, grief, trauma, addiction, bereavement/loss, relationship difficulties, self esteem and anger management issues. I offer solution-focused brief therapy, short-term counselling or longer-term depth therapy, according on your needs and wishes.
I'm an integrative counsellor, which means that I combine tools from a number of therapies including person centred counselling, creative therapies, CBT, Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, neuroscience and psychotherapy in order to help you gain a deeper understanding of the issues you are facing so that you can find your way forward.
Counselling works best when the relationship between counsellor and client is strong, so it's important to find the right therapist for you. You can read more about me at my website and/or if you'd like to talk to me before deciding to arrange a session, please feel free to call or send me an email.
I look forward to hearing from you. I'm here to help you through life's difficult times.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully-qualified, registered and accredited counsellor:
- Post-graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy with distinction (Level 7)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling with distinction (Level 6)
- I’m currently in the final stages of a MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy through Newman University.
I undertook my training at the Northern Guild of Psychotherapy in Newcastle, which has been training counsellors and psychotherapists for over 25 years and is renowned for its in-depth and rigorous training programmes. The qualifications I hold are accredited by the UKCP and the BACP.
- Registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP). UKCP accreditation is the mark of quality for high standards of training, professional and ethical practice from one of the largest national organisations for psychotherapy.
I have 6 years’ experience within a variety of roles:
- In-house counsellor in NHS Primary Care
- Counsellor and clinical associate within a private practice in Jesmond, Newcastle
- Psychotherapeutic counsellor in my own private practices in Newcastle and Hexham, Northumberland
- Outreach counsellor for Rape Crisis Tyneside & Northumberland
I’ve worked with a wide range of clients: both men and women ranging in age from 18 to 75 with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
I have worked with clients to overcome a broad range of issues including:
- anxiety, depression, worry
- relationship difficulties (personal, family, work)
- bereavement and loss
- ‘time of life’ issues (e.g. retirement, ’empty nest’, ageing)
- low self-esteem
- guilt, anger, fear
- persistent/pervasive sadness
- disordered eating
- sexual violence / child sexual abuse
I provide solution-focused brief therapy, short-term counselling or longer-term depth therapy, according to your needs and wishes.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
Sessions last for 50 minutes and are charged at £45, payable by cash, online bank transfer or via text service 'Paym' before/at the beginning of each session.
If you would prefer to pay for blocks of sessions, please let me know and we can discuss this.
I have comfortable and discreet consulting rooms in Newcastle upon Tyne.
Free on-street parking is available nearby and my practice is easily accessible by Metro.
When you book your first appointment I will provide you with the full address and a map with directions.
If you're interested in having some counselling but can’t make it to my clinic or if you live further afield, work abroad, travel frequently or have a busy schedule, I can help you conveniently and effectively via online counselling. Please see my website for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|