Alicia Marchant 'Good Vibes Therapy', BSc Psy (Hon's), DIP Couns & MNCS (Accred)
30 East Street
Ever feel like you have a lot going on in your mind? Isolated? Alone, with no one to talk to about it all? Or maybe you just don’t feel comfortable sharing your thoughts with your family? Perhaps you are getting to a stage where you’re feeling as if you’re in a deep dark hole unable to get out, with an uncertainty of the future.
Life can be challenging and get on top of us. Whether it’s other people, situations, work or even our ourselves, we can get into a negative cycle but become unable to admit that we need help.
If any of this applies to you, then maybe its time to try therapy?
Yes sharing your personal life, thoughts and feelings can be scary. Therapy isn’t for everyone but the question to ask is “What is the way forward, when the current way isn’t working?”
Therapy is there to help people like yourself, get to where you want to be and a
lot of the time there is only ourselves, standing in our own way and supressing any potential we have. However finding the courage to get help is not a weakness yet a strength.There is hope. You can make changes to your life and be the person you want to become.
At Good Vibes you are able to share whatever is going on in your mind in a safe, warm, open and non-judgemental environment.
I offer affordable prices (more affordable than other therapists in the area, but not at the compromise of quality), as I care and feel everyone should have the opportunity to talk to a therapist.
Why choose me as your therapist?
I work with people as human beings, who realise they do have challenges and want to work on them. I use an intergrated approach. This means I use a varied amount of materials, tools and theory, to suit your needs and challenges, rather than some therapists who are set in one particular approach. The therapy sessions shared between us would be based on what you need, with you exploring your challenges in your own time and in a secure place.
The varied approaches I work with include TA (Transcational Analysis), CBT (Cognitive- Behavioural Theory), Humanisitic and Psychodynamic Therapies. When working with children, youth and teenagers I use Creative Therapy, to help the younger generation express their feelings, thoughts and behaviours.
The first session we hold together is used as a light, gentle session to explore your challenges and set goals to what you want out of therapy. This time allows you to ask questions and see how I work as a therapist and help you decided if it's right for you. If you would prefer a FREE telephone assessment this could also be arranged.
I work with clients who have various challenges and if you feel you would like to begin your therapy journey with me, I look forward to hearing from you.
Remember my aim at Good Vibes is to help you find happiness and get where you want to be in this world.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have 7+ years experience within the psychological and mental health field.
I have been gifted and worked with some wonderful clients including children, youth, teenagers, adults and those experiencing addictive challenges. Along with this I have volunteered at a range of organisations including Basildon Mind, The Rosemead Project and Independent Living Services.
- BSc (Honours) Psychology Degree
- Introducing The Social Sciences Course
- Introduction to Counselling Course
- Exploring Psychology Course
- Biological Psychology and Exploring the Brain Course
- Exploring Psychology Online Project
- Social Psychology: Critical Perspectives on Self and Others Course
- Child Development Course
- Cognitive Psychology Course
- AQA Certificate in Counselling Skillls
- Skills Acquistion and Practice Course
- Working with Loss and Grief Course
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- An Intro to Transcational Analysis Course
- The Reflective Practitioner Couse
- Cognitive Behaviour Theory Course
- The Practitioner Diploma in Cognitive- Behavioural Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Through my personal experience I can relate to how challenging it can be to take the first steps into ones own therapy journey and for that I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to view my page.
If your challenges are not listed above and you need help finding the 'right' therapist to suit your needs. Please feel free to contact me and I will guide you to someone who can help you.
As well as this, if you have any questions about Good Vibes, the way I work as a therapist, prices or anything else, please feel free to pop me an email, text or you can call.
Many people believe that therapists who offer the highest prices have the most experience and are the best in the field. This is not always the case. I offer the most affordable prices in the area, as I feel everyone should have the opportunity to talk to a therapist and I care about you getting the help you need.
- FREE telephone assessment
- Students, Teens and Youth= £25
- Adults= £35
- Couples= £45
- Family= £55
- All Sessions are for 60 minutes
- Discount for those who have been or are in the Armed Forces
- Discount for those who are receiving support from The Government. This includes; JSA, Universal Credit & Pension Credits (Evidence required).
- Sliding scale
- For those under 16 years, consent will be needed from a parent or guardian.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer before attending the session or cash on arrival.
- For any given reason if you feel you are unable to make the session that's perfectly ok. However, please could you contact me 24 hours prior to the booking. As a pre booked room will need to be cancelled.
- Discreet location
- Compley to The BACP (The British Assocation for Counselling and Psychotherapy) Ethical Guidelines Framework and Code of Ethics. (http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/)
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Insured by (professional) TowerGate
- I am always undertaking new courses and workshops to further my knowledge and experience within therapy, to assist a clients counselling journey.
- Valid in date DBS certificate
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and weekends to suit your needs.
Types of client