Dr Alice Walker Creating Calm
07939 096 582
Are you a Parent in need of support? I'm a Psychologist offering a service with a gentle approach, specialising in therapy and practical parenting support.
Family life is often challenging and sometimes it can be hard to make sense of your child's behaviour.
If you are like many parents, you may have these common experiences:
- Do you feel like you are constantly running on empty?
- Do you have frequent feelings of resentment towards your child(ren) or partner?
- Do you feel disconnected from your partner?
- Do you ever feel unable to manage your child’s behaviour?
- Do you find yourself pre-occupied by memories and feelings from your own childhood
- Do you look at other parents and feel like you’re not good enough in comparison?
- Do you have niggling feelings of guilt and shame about your own behaviour as a parent?
Getting started is often confusing, scary and one can feel at a loss as to where to begin.
The service I offer begins with an initial 90 minute consultation. This creates a safe space and opportunity to identify your strengths, parenting style and explore avenues for potential change.
Sessions thereafter are for 60 minutes. Most people get the greatest benefit by attending sessions on a weekly basis for the first 4 sessions, and then attending fortnightly for further sessions.
If you would like to know more or make an appointment then call or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years experience of supporting parents, children and young people with complex difficulties including ADHD, ASD, challenging behaviour, substance misuse and emotional difficulties.
Qualifications & Training
- MA Psychology, Glasgow University
- D.Clin Psychology University of Edinburgh
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), EFT Therapies, Sydney, Australia
- NLP Practitioner, Beyond NLP, Sydney, Australia
- MST (Multi-Systemic Therapy) for Antisocial Behaviour in Children and Adolescents
- Trauma Informed Care
- CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) for Parents of Young People affected by substance misuse and mental health problems.
- Completing training with Dr Diane Poole Heller: Somatic Attachment & Trauma
- Registered Clinical Psychologist - Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Face to face assessment and therapy
- Skype sessions
Initial Consultation 1.5hrs £90
Single sessions 1hr £65
- 6 sessions
- 9 sessions
- 12 sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|