Alice Jones Registered MBACP
White Friars Counselling & Psychotherapy
29 White Friars
Hello and a very warm welcome to my profile page. In reading this you have taken the first step towards changing your life for the better by acknowledging you need support.
When life becomes overwhelming we can struggle to make sense of everything and see a way forward. Perhaps you are feeling hopeless, lonely, angry, lacking self worth or a sense of purpose and direction?
My background was in the hospitality industry but after facing challenges in my own life I sought counselling and ultimately I retrained as a counsellor. I am a Registered Member of the BACP and are guided by their ethical framework.
How Counselling Can Help
- By offering a safe, confidential space I can help you to explore your anxiety, concerns and feelings. Sometimes, speaking with someone impartial without the fear of upsetting or burdening them can be helpful, unlike talking with friends and family.
- As a counsellor I will not judge you but I will listen, respect and accept you as you are. As the client you are in control of what is discussed and the pace at which the therapy proceeds.
- At times counselling can be difficult and challenging as awkward feelings or perhaps painful memories may be experienced, however by working through and exploring these, change can be possible.
As an Integrative Counsellor, I use the following counselling approaches individually tailored to your needs:
- Person-centred - accepting the individual as they are and believing they have the capacity within themselves to change and achieve their full potential, given the right therapeutic conditions.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) - changing unhelpful thoughts and behaviours which have been accumulated through life experiences.
- Psychodynamic - understanding the ways in which unconscious processess and past experiences shape present behaviour.
What To Expect
After a 30 minute assessment to see if you feel we can work together and to help me gain an overview of your issues, we would generally meet on a weekly basis.
I offer six sessions initially however the number of sessions required depends on individual circumstances. A session lasts 50 minutes.
White Friars Counselling & Psychotherapy is located at 29 White Friars which is off Bridge Street in central Chester.
On arrival at the Centre please press the room buzzer corresponding to my name on the board outside.
Parking is available in either the Grosvenor Shopping Centre or Market car parks which are approximately 5 minutes walk from White Friars. There is also a small car park off Cuppin Street at the end of White Friars, however parking here tends to be limited.
A ground floor counselling room is available on request.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member MBACP, BACP Certificate of Proficiency
HE CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
I work in private practice at White Friars Counselling & Psychotherapy, 29 White Friars, Chester, CH1 1NZ. I have also volunteered as a bereavement counsellor for the Western Cheshire Bereavement Service based at the Hospice of The Good Shepherd, Backford, Chester, CH2 4DG.
My particular experience has been in assisting clients deal with stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement, grief and loss.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
The initial 30 minute assessment is £25.00, thereafter the fee is £40.00 per session.
Fees are payable in cash or by personal cheque at the end of each session.
If you would like any more information or further clarification do give me a call or send me an email or text.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time and some evening appointments available
Types of client