Alice Cook - UKCP Psychotherapist and Counsellor, EMDR
Alice Cook Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist, Supervisor and EMDR Practitioner
I am a UKCP Integrative Psychotherapist and EMDR practitioner based in Stroud and offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and supervision to practitioners. With over 25 years experience in therapeutic work and training in several psychotherapies, I work in a flexible and collaborative way.
I offer a down to earth and accessible approach to therapy, providing a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space for you to explore what is important for you. I draw from a range of disciplines and understandings. Taking an integrative approach, we will always work openly, in partnership and with a holistic perspective.
My experience is gained over 25 years of working in private practice, the NHS, voluntary sector, education and abroad, where I have worked with people who suffer from depression, anxiety, trauma, disconnection, bereavement, loss and relationship difficulties.
I offer several different therapies to individuals including:
- EMDR and specialist trauma work. This can mean either trauma from a recent incident or experiences in childhood and early life.
- Exploration of personal issues in long term psychotherapy
- Short term positive and focused counselling and therapy using practical and problem solving approaches but also the opportunity for you to explore your own story – at length and in depth – in the context of a therapeutic relationship
- Energy techniques to develop and enhance a sense of strength, confidence and inner resources
- Exploring creativity and blocks especially using writing
- Particular experience of working with women around pregnancy, the loss of a baby, childbirth and post-natal issues. I have worked for many years in women’s mental health services with very vulnerable women who may have experienced violence or child abuse and where a sense of safety is paramount.
- I am familiar with NHS services and working with people who have a range of physical and psychological difficulties, including mental health conditions and chronic illness.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am registered with UKCP as an Integrative Psychotherapist and work to UKCP ethical standards.
I have training and experience in Integrative Psychotherapy, EMDR, Solution Focused Therapy, therapeutic work with images and stories and Supervision. Integrating these different approaches means that I will tailor our approach to suit your needs and always discuss with you how we might best work together.
- Minster Centre Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy
- UKCP Registration since 2001
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Supervision
- MA Creative Writing
- Nurse and health visitor
- BA Hons in Literature
My work is fully insured and supervised.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
£55 per one hour session
EMDR sessions can sometimes be 1.5 hours to allow enough time. We would discuss this possibility at the first session if you are interested in EMDR.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling Supervision from Westminster Pastoral Foundation and have worked as a supervisor for 15 years.View supervision profile