Alexandra Tresman MA, MBACP (Accred)
01582 270 533 / 07513 391 728
I am a BACP accredited and registered Integrative Counsellor/Psychotherapist. I see adults, children and young people from the age of 4, practising in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
I practise integrative therapy which means I am experienced in working with several approaches. Working integratively enables me to offer the type of therapy, or combination of therapies that is most appropriate for the particular needs of each client.
I am passionate about helping children and their parents, teenagers and adults, to move out of pain and confusion and lead happier and more fulfilled lives.
Over the years I have developed a special interest in working with the following issues:
- Children and young people
- Mental health issues
- Abuse (physical, mental, sexual)
- Self harm
Visit my website www.grovecounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Contemporary Therapeutic Counselling
- University Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Specialised training in Children and Adolescents Therapy
- Specialised training in drugs and alcohol addictions
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Groupwork training
My experience has been gained over many years in various settings such as NHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, Adult Primary Mental Health Service), Local Authority, charities, counselling agencies and my private practice.
I currently work as a School counsellor/psychotherapist for Children's Specialist Services for Hertfordshire County Council and as an Affiliate therapist for HELP EAP.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
£50 for 50 minute session.
Depending on your needs, I offer short, or long term counselling/psychotherapy at daytimes and evenings.
My therapy room is located on a residential road in South Harpenden, approx 20 mins walk from the town centre.
There are free parking spaces available on the road.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|