Alexandra Bate - MBACP Registered BSc (Hons) Couns, Dip Couns, IANLPC, IAHT.
Sutton House Group
27 Wilson Patten Street
I am an experienced counsellor and lecturer in counselling with specialisms in the following areas;
- Individual counselling
- Family counselling
- Counselling children
- Counselling adolescents
- Couple counselling
I have almost ten years’ experience as a counsellor working alongside many individuals. I am also a Registered Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, MBACP Registered).
I am very passionate about counselling and the changes is can bring. Our past experiences can continue to have a negative effect on us and hold us back, sometimes these emotions can 'leak' out and effect us in the present.
Wholeheartedly I believe in the power of talking therapy and the changes it can bring when we are free to be our true selves.
After achieving certification in counselling skills and theory (2005) I furthered my studies completing an Integrative Counselling Diploma (2009) This is a Rogerian (Person Centred) theoretical base, however unlike many other therapists I have further training and expertise in other theoretical modalities which can be drawn upon and utilised within our counselling work to suit your individual needs.
Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Transactional Analysis (TA), Gestalt, Solution Focussed Brief Therapy (SFBT), Mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Logotherapy. I have a particular passion for utilising Psychoanalytical and Cognitive Behavioural concepts alongside drawing upon a range of therapeutic interventions such as art therapy and CBT techniques.
My further educational studies include: Batchelor of Science Counselling, Bsc (Hons) with Staffordshire University (2016) with modules specific to, Counselling Children and Adolescents and Counselling Couples and Families. I have conduced counselling research into DSH, Deliberate Self- Harming Behaviours as part of this programme and have particular experience in working with low self- esteem, feeling sad, low self confidence, depression, anxiety and loss with both adults and adolescents.
Powerful changes can be created throughout the therapeutic process. This has inspired me to share my knowledge and passion for counselling through teaching those who wish to become counsellors themselves. I have worked as a lecturer in counselling for the last 5 years, teaching trainee counsellors, with teaching experience ranging from Introductory Level to Fdsc Degree and Bsc (Hons) Level 6.
(Lecturing experience includes, Counselling Diploma, skills and Theory, Counselling Research Supervision, Working with Grief and Loss, Working with Couples and Families, Integrative Counselling Theory, Mental Health and Case Formulation, Ethical Considerations, Further Developments in Counselling Theory and Setting up in Private Practice).
- What can I expect from counselling?
There are so many questions that may be running through your mind while searching for counselling and yet at same time, how you feel at the moment may mean that identifying what you need and verbalising how you feel may seem too overwhelming.
You are unique, your life, your experiences and your reasons for visiting my profile are all individual to you.
Counselling is your space, your time for you to express yourself and work through whatever is troubling you. You will do this at your own pace and in your own way - In return, I promise you honesty, integrity and confidentiality, in a warm and empathic environment.
I will walk alongside you as your self- awareness increases, empowering you to live your life as you choose.
Fundamentally -my belief is that the relationship between myself and you is the most important factor in establishing change, it takes courage to share your inner most thoughts and feelings and taking this first step can be challenging.
Creating a confidential safe, impartial, non-judgemental space is imperative for you to feel free to take this step.
Explore your thoughts in beautiful, private, relaxed and comfortable counselling rooms.
I welcome you to a free initial informal telephone conversation to learn more about what counselling is and how we can work together. Alternatively feel free to contact me for availability for your first counselling session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Staffordshire University - Bachelor of Science with Honours - Bsc (Hons). - First Class - Counselling
- Specialisms - Counselling Children and Adolescents - Counselling Couples and Families - Counselling Research - Working with Self harming Behaviours
- Staffordshire University - Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector. (DTLLS).
- City and Guilds - Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector. (PTLLS).
- Dip - Integrative Counselling (Person Centred, Psychodynamic, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
- L3- Counselling Skills and Theory
- L2- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- ASK Suicide Awareness
- Certificate - Working with Depression
- Certificate - Working with Anxiety
- Certificate - Working with Self Harm
- Certificate - Pluralistic Counselling
- Certificate in Managing and Facilitating Group Counselling
- City and Guilds - Play-work with young children.
- Cognitive Behavioural Techniques in Counselling
- Mindfulness Techniques in Counselling
- Member - International Association of Neuro linguistic Programming and Coaching (Mindfulness Diploma)
- Member - International Alliance of Holistic Therapies
- MBACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
Free Initial Telephone Consultation
£40 Individuals - Per Session
£50 Couples Counselling - Per Session
£50 Family Counselling - Per Session
£35 Telephone Counselling - Per Session
Corporate Counselling - Please contact for further information.
Beautiful, private and comfortable counselling rooms
Disability Parking and access
Car park next to premises
Easy access from Warrington Centre
Near to train station and bus station
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|