Alex Thomas, Integrative Therapist - BSc (Hons) MSc (MBPsS) MBACP
07971314756 / 07971314756
I am a qualified and experienced Integrative Therapist, which means I am trained in and make use of a combination of therapeutic approaches. My focus is on the uniqueness of each of my clients and the relationship we have together.
I offer a confidential, professional and empathetic approach that responds to this relationship. I work to avoid telling you what to do or offering advice, and instead offer support for each individual to find their own answers and be able to progress in their own natural way. My job is to offer 'tools' or 'strategies' that are of use to each individual client. Most importantly being an Integrative Therapist means that I can try to work in a way that fits around your own understanding and experience.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Psychology - University of Wales, Bangor
Foundation Course Counselling Skills - University of Chester
MSc Therapeutic Counselling - University of Greenwich
Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) #253134
Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) #716358 Experience
In addition to my private practice in Ewell:
- I have previous volunteer work in the psychiatric unit of a large NHS hospital
- I have counselled individuals in an NHS setting as part of a Cardiac Rehabilitation Team
- I currently work in a private company offering counselling and psychological education as part of specialist weight management service on behalf of the NHS
- I also currently carry out pre-surgical psychological assessments for weight loss patients in an NHS hospital
- I currently volunteer with a helpline 'listening' and out reach service for LGBTQ individuals in Surrey
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have worked as a counsellor in an NHS setting helping to support individuals going through cardiac rehabilitation following a heart attack or diagnosis of heart failure, and also worked in a specialist Weight Loss Management Service helping people work with their emotional relationship with food.
• Initial assessment session free of charge to see if you feel I am the right counsellor for you, and assess how we might work together.
• Subsequent sessions £40
• Counselling students £25
• Book for a block of six sessions up front for a 10% discount
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday and Tuesday daytime and early evening. Some Saturday morning availability.