Ales Zivkovic - Psychotherapy and Counselling Primrose Hill & Belsize Park (TA)
07557 516 290
The feelings and issues you might be seeking therapy for might seem unbearable, confusing, hopeless. You might be thinking what you never thought could happen to you might actually be happening. Rest assured that this can be overcome—you can overcome it. And I’d be honoured to facilitate you on your path to achieving the change you want.
In our work together, I will provide you with safety, confidentiality and ability to relate. All in an effort to successfully tackle whatever issues you are bringing to therapy and to facilitate your growth and progress.
We can decide to work together in a short-term setting and tackle a particular issue you are having difficulties coping with. Or we can decide to work longer-term, to take more time and endeavour on your path of personal exploration and change into an autonomous and spontaneous person—free of your own or society’s grip.
I am an experienced and qualified psychotherapy counsellor and therapist. I work both within NHS as well as run a private psychotherapy practice. My different work settings have enabled me to work with the widest variety of presenting issues, as well as clients from the broadest spectrum of demographic, socio-economic, career, gender and sexuality, ethnical and cultural backgrounds.
Within NHS I work as a therapist and counsellor on primary level at a large GP surgery in SW London. I provide individual therapy sessions as well as run group therapy sessions for clients with more complex needs. My work within NHS provides me with vast experience as I have been working with issues ranging from daily stressful situations to more complex issues involving anxiety, depression, developmental deficits, trauma, traits of personality disorders, eating disorders, addictions, psychosexual issues, OCD etc. I specialise in anxiety, panic attacks, depression, relationship issues, traits of personality disorders and eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder) and other issues with fundaments of compulsive behaviour or addiction.
I also gained experience on secondary mental health level as honorary psychotherapy counsellor within NHS Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) in London.
Issues I work with
- Are you finding it hard to engage in relationships and find they all follow the same pattern?
- Are you afraid your reactions are driving people away?
- Are you socially anxious, afraid of groups or experiencing panic attacks?
- Are you lonely even when you are not alone or feel like life is passing you by but you still feel a void in you and experience lack of purpose?
- Is your work taking over your life and you seem not to be coping with your career?
- Are you a parent and don’t want to influence your children with unhealthy patterns?
- Do you have an unhealthy relationship with eating and feel the urge to binge?
- Are you having trouble with compulsive behaviour—be it eating, cleaning, spending, sex or any other?
I work with the widest variety of personal and inter-personal issues and am confident I can help you get on the right path should you have the strength and courage to do so.
Some of the most common issues I have successfully worked with in the past year are:
- addiction (including “love” addiction and social media addiction)
- identity issues (including professional identity)
- traits of personality disorders
- stress and burnout
- eating disorders
- panic attacks
- abuse etc.
If you are interested in more about different topics and how I view them, see my psychotherapy resources page.
The beginning of therapy
My work with new clients starts with a short phone conversation (app. 30min), followed by an initial assessment session (50min). During this time we will determine whether we will work together and, if so, how. We might decide to engage in short-term therapy with a very clear outcome. Or we might decide to take more time and embark on a deeper more explorative journey. Whatever we do will be done in a clear agreement between us.
My previous experience
Before I started my work as a therapist, I was heavily involved in healthcare and public finance policy-making, government negotiations, corporate governance and other corporate environments, as well as entrepreneurial setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Transactional Analysis Counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling / based on advanced psychotherapy clinical training)
- UKATA Diploma in Transactional Analysis Practice (issued by UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- UKATA Transactional Analysis Award
- Transactional Analysis Practitioner (Diploma issued by The Psychopolis Institute)
- Concluding Postgraduate (MSc) studies and training in psychotherapy at Middlesex University
- Advanced Transactional Analysis (TA) training in Redecision Therapy
Process Group Therapy Training
- Psychotherapy Counsellor within NHS GP surgery in South West London
- Leading Process Group Psychotherapy sessions for individuals with complex psychological and emotional needs (traits of personality disorders, severe depression and anxiety etc.) within NHS
- Honorary psychotherapy counsellor at Central and North West London (CNWL) Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
- Private therapy practice (Ales Zivkovic Psychotherapy and Counselling Primrose Hill & Belsize Park) in Central and North London (individual therapy, couples therapy, group therapy, online therapy)
Organisations, Associations, Professional Bodies
- UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis)
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis)
- ITAA (International Transactional Analysis Association)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I specialise in anxiety, panic attacks, depression, relationship issues, traits of personality disorders and eating disorders (including binge-eating disorder) and other issues with fundaments in compulsive behaviour or addiction.
Standard fee is £100 per 50-minute session.
I offer a limited number of low-cost spaces for clients on lower income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Slovenian, Croatian, Serbian|
I am available from 8am to 9pm on weekdays (occasionally on weekends).
Types of client