Adam Knight Bsc Psy, Higher Dip counselling Bacp accredited, Pgce
(free Parking After 3pm In Brook St Car Park)
Hello, my name is Adam and I am a fully qualified Integrative counsellor. I have worked with client's on a wide range of issues and offer one-to-one counselling in a confidential; comfortable and quiet setting. Here we will be able to explore any struggles and difficulties you have with the view to gaining new insights; understandings and potential for positive change. I look forward to working with you.
I am an experienced counsellor with a strong working knowledge of Psychology, I have taught the subject for 16 years. I have worked with most age group's, from adolescents as a college counsellor and adults as a private counsellor.
My approach is respectful, non-judgemental and supportive. I aim to listen to your concerns to allow you to feel safe enough to explore your difficulties. This could then help you to manage and change whatever has a hold on you, so you can move forward with your life. I have a very flexible approach to working and aim to tailor the sessions to your needs. For example, I am trained in cognitive-behavioural; person centred and psychodynamic styles. I have regular supervision and work within the British association of counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) guidelines.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies.
- PGCE in Further, Higher and Adult Education.
- BA(Hons) Combined Studies: Social Sciences - Psychology major (inc counselling studies) , Sociology Minor.
I've worked for Child Adolescent and Mental Health Services (CAMHS) as a counsellor and College Cambria, Yale campus as a college counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£35 per 60 min session.
£28 for young people, (16 and under).
£40 for home visits around Chester and surrounding areas. £50 for couples counselling. Although if you are happy with your initial session we could arrange a block booking fee to save costs.
A full 24 hours notice is required for cancelled appointments otherwise the full fee is payable.
Payment is made at the end of each session.
Counselling is insured by Howarden insurance group.
I am able to work with a whole range of issues. See general information for a description of the service.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Most early evenings, Tuesday morning, sometimes on Weekends plus most of the time during school holidays.
Types of client