Adam J Booth, Dip.Couns, MBACP
Adam J Booth
0161 667 1512 / 07908 807 497
My name is Adam, I am a counsellor working in Bury. I have a non-judgemental, open and diverse approach to counselling and the therapeutic process.
I am trained in and practise person centred counselling; firmly focused on the client, providing a non-directive, empathetic and understanding approach. Providing you with opportunities to talk about your situation, your feelings, issues and concerns yet all in a positive and constructive way.
I firmly believe counselling and talking therapies are a powerful outlet for individuals to make sense of the personal problems that we all face, whether they be current or past. The type of therapy I provide can and does help. Voicing your problems can help to relieve the pressures they create.
I have experience of clients overcoming profound personal change in their lives, and supported them to make these changes.
All clients will be seen in a safe, comfortable, natural and professional therapy room. I will treat you and anything discussed with the utmost confidentiality.
My work is fully insured and DBS checked. I also undergo regular supervision, a requirement as stated within the BACP Ethical Framework.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). The BACP is a professional body representing counselling and psychotherapy with over 40,000 members and works towards a better standard of therapeutic practice.
Frequently asked questions?
What type of counselling and therapy do you offer?
- I offer person centered therapy, this is also known as client centered therapy. This type of therapy does not offer advice or analysis but it does support you to develop a greater understanding of what is troubling you. It also empowers you to make your own decisions and implement changes for yourself.
Why see a private counsellor or therapist?
- Seeing a counsellor in private practice like myself, has the benefit of being able to start the therapeutic process within days as opposed to weeks or even months for some public sector waiting lists. The length of the therapeutic process is negotiable too within private practice. If counselling is sought via public sector means or other organisations offering counselling, you could be restricted in terms of how many sessions you are offered.
Who attends the counselling / therapy?
- All therapy that I provide is on a one to one individual basis with you.
When will I be seen/ What is your availability?
- Sessions are available weekday evenings and at the weekends. You can contact me either by email, text message or telephone to arrange a session. In most cases I can see you within a few days of you contacting.
Training, qualifications & experience
Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts
Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Initial consultation session – Free. (Please contact me for details)
Counselling sessions - £40.00
Concessions can be made in certain individual circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekday evenings and at the weekends - Please contact me for times
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|