Dr Abbey Davies (Spectra Psychology Scotland)
I am a Counselling Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS). I provide a warm, safe and professional space for you to explore your difficulties and find ways of coping.
I offer a collaborative approach, working with you to determine what your goals are and how we may begin to address them. I draw on a range of approaches to ensure that your wants and needs are met; including person-centred therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness based approaches and schema therapy.
I work therapeutically with a range of presenting issues; and am particularly skilled in working with bereavement, social anxiety and OCD. I additionally hold a keen interest in working with children and young people and am highly experienced in this area.
To take things forward, please get in touch through the contact form or call the number detailed above. From here, I will offer you an assessment appointment to find out more about you and your goals for therapy. This session will last around an hour and will allow you to ask any questions and explore any concerns. Subsequent sessions will each last 50 minutes and can take place weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- BA (Hons) Psychology: First Class (University of Strathclyde)
- Doctorate in Psychology (D.Psych) in Counselling Psychology (Glasgow Caledonian University)
- BPS approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision (SDS Seminars Ltd)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- Mental Health First Aid Training
- Child Protection: An Introduction and Refresher
- Workshops in working with trauma, addiction, anger, conflict and aggression, bereavement and more
I have worked with NHS psychology services and for a number of organisations within the voluntary sector; including a hospice setting, a charity for survivors of abuse and services for children and young people. As a result, I am experienced in working with a variety of presenting difficulties and can work with people of all ages.
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), the regulatory body for Practitioner Psychologists in the UK. I additionally hold Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Please note that rates have been amended as of October 2017.
- Initial assessment/formulation session (1.5 hours) - £135
- Each subsequent session (50 minutes) - £95
These prices are reflective of Doctoral level training, however may be negotiable depending on circumstances. Please enquire for details.
Fees can be paid via cash or bank transfer. Credit/debit cards are not currently accepted.
Sessions cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will normally be charged at the full rate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please enquire for details.
Types of client