Dr Mary Neve Registered MBACP (Snr. Accredited)
St George's Terrace
I work with those who have anger management issues, those whose relationships either with partners or family are in trouble, those with workplace issues, stress, anxiety and burnout.
I also work with those who have experienced tragedy or trauma and who are really struggling to get through it. Nightmares, flashbacks, exhaustion can trouble you.
You may be feeling exhausted and ill, not able to sleep properly, your family are either ignored or get the worst of your temper; you may be drinking too much.
I can help work out what is causing the problem. Understanding this helps to figure out how to resolve the problem. I then can help you work out different ways of behaving/relating/managing so that you can get on with the rest of your life.
I work with individuals and adult family members experiencing estrangement or difficulty e.g. parent+son/daughter. I do not work with couples
I am an experienced and well qualified counsellor. I have previously worked in administration and project management and am a former intensive care nurse. (Fees are detailed below).
Training, qualifications & experience
My Qualifications are:
- BSc. (Hons) Degree in Psychology,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological Counselling
- PhD in Practical Theology.
- I am a qualified nurse.
- Diploma in Supervision.
- As a British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP) Registered Senior Accredited Counsellor, I am bound by their ethical framework.
- I am a United Kingdom Register of Counsellors (UKRC) Registered Independent Counsellor and a
- member of the British Psychological Society.
- I am fully insured, committed to ongoing personal training and am in regular supervision.
- I am also DBS checked.
I work in a flexible, mainly person centred way incorporating a variety of counselling approaches best suited to each client and the issues brought.
My aim is to facilitate clients through difficult issues as quickly as is appropriate, by mutual agreement regarding number of sessions.
Besides the issues people often seek help from a counsellor with, I have special interest in clients recovering from long term illnesses including CFS/ME/IBS and those who have been a patient in an intensive or critical care unit. I also specialise in bereavement, loss and trauma issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Work related stress, burnout and depression
- Therapeutic Coaching
- Training - listening skills, assertiveness ...
- Low self esteem
- Post critical care for patients and families
£50:00 for individuals per 1 hour session
£75:00 for 2 family members.
Supervision - £68:00 per 1.5 hour session
Students, please apply regarding rates for either supervision or therapy
I offer supervision to both colleagues and students
I teach basic and bereavement counselling skills etc. for companies and organisations.
I am a Pastoral Supervisor.
I run 'buddy groups' for colleagues working on accreditation. Please contact for details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoons and evenings. I am not in my office at weekends, so will respond to emails etc. ASAP during the week.
Types of client
Supervision & training
Counselling Supervision.View supervision profile