Sue Emerson, BA (Hons), MBACP, BACP Registered
01273 649691 / 07792 835727
Hello and welcome to Hope Counselling. I am a qualified integrative counsellor and I offer a place where you can feel you have a safe space to be real and open about your feelings without any fear of being judged or condemned.
I recognise how difficult it can be to take that first step towards seeking the support you need. Counselling can be an opportunity to take time out just for yourself.
Problems or situations within people's lives can sometimes lead to generalised anxiety, stress, panic attacks, depression, anger, low self esteem, loneliness and/or suicidal thoughts. Through using CBT and/or Mindfulness based therapy, I can offer many different ways to help individuals overcome these issues.
As part of a therapeutic package, I can also include an intensive CBT based approach in helping people with obesity issues, eating disorders and weight management. This type of therapy can be a valuable tool in exploring psychologically what is behind your relationship with food.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Honours) Degree in Humanistic Counselling (a BACP accredited course)
- Diploma in Counselling (Level 4)
- Creative Therapy
- Inner child interventions
- Deep Release Level I
- Deep Release Level II
- Understanding Your Eating workshop
- Working with People With Disordered Eating Workshop
- The Management of Obesity in a Primary Care Setting Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Two Day workshop)
- DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) - 2 day workshop
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Photos & videos
Initial consultation session for 30 minutes - free
Counselling sessions (50 minutes) - £40.00
10% discount for 6 counselling sessions booked and paid for in advance.
As a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, I am bound by their Code of Ethics. I have undergone my own personal therapy and as with all professional counsellors I am subject to regular supervision of my work.
I belong to the BACP Register. This register is accessible to the public and enables them to choose counsellors or psychotherapists who belong to a register which has been approved by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
I continue to add to my knowledge and understanding by attending continued professional development, by attending workshops and seminars, and when needed additional qualifications.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
DAYTIME, EVENING AND WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS
Types of client