Brenda Capaldi MBACP
70 Manchester Drive
I conduct my practice in a confidential and private environment where my clients feel safe to explore any difficulty they may be experiencing.
This counselling space offers the client the safety to explore issues such as: Relationships, Abuse, Anger management, Anxiety, Bereavement, Confidence, Depression, Low self esteem, Panic Attacks, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Self Harm or certain types of Chronic disease e.g. Diabetes
My model of therapy is primarily Transactional Analysis although I have training in other models.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Post graduate diploma in communication and counselling and currently coming to the end of training as a Psychotherapist. I am also a Practioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming. *
I have a BSc and am interested in counselling people with chronic disease e.g. Diabetes both Type 1 and Type 2
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience in managing bullying and harassment in areas particularly in the workplace. This can affect people in many different ways and often self esteem and a persons dignity is affected.
A great many strategies can be used to combat this issue and enable a client to regain their personal power again and also their dignity.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
I am a member of British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and also Institute of Transactional Analysts and abide by their code of ethics.
* NLP offers the potential for making changes, it affords the opportunity to gain flexibility, creativity and a greater freedom of action
I attend professional supervision and a clients identity is always protected.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|