Linda Shore MNCS (acc) Relate Cert. cc
I am an accredited member of The National Counselling Society, Relate trained with more than 25 years of counselling experience and 18 years as a therapeutic Supervisor and Clinical Manager. I have also had a private practice for 10 years.
Relationships are the foundation of our lives, from cradle to grave. If we are lucky they offer love, stability, closeness, achievement, friendship and everything we need in life. They also bring challenges and differences which can sometimes seem overwhelming. Talking through the difficulties with a counsellor who is neutral and offers an overview that is often not seen by the clients, can lead to a more harmonious relationship in which communication is improved and clients are able to move from their previous intransigent positions.
I always talk to the clients about the number of sessions they are likely to need and review regularly with them. One session can be ideal for some clients but most will expect to be seen for at least 6 sessions to achieve some recognisable progress. Generally I offer weekly sessions of an hour, though other time frames can be negotiated.
I am married and have 2 children, live in Wooburn Green with good access from Maidenhead, Beaconsfield, High Wycombe and The Chalfonts.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Relate Certificate in Couple Counselling Theory and Practice 1994
- Relate Supervisor training 1994
- Relate Systemic Practice Year 2 Intermediate Level in Family Therapy 2006
- Relate Young Persons' Counselling 2008
- Accreditation National Counselling Society 2015
- Here are some of the many short courses I have attended;
- Exploring Mindfulness
- How Trauma Effects the Couple Relationship
- Supporting Parents of Children with Additional Needs
- Narrative Therapy with Couples
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Time Limited Therapy
- Culture, Class Race and Gender
- Asperger Syndrome
- Integrating Attachment and Family Life Cycle and Theories
- Couples and Affairs
- Working Systemically with Sexual Issues
- Understanding Stepfamilies Part 1 and 2, 2016 & 2017
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Impact of parenthood
- How to help chidren live with divorced or separated parents
- Effective communication
- Ambivalence about the relationship
- Ending relationships
- Improving relationships
60 minute appointments £55
90 minute appointment £75
I also offer a free 30 minute phone call, in which you can outline what you would be hoping for from the counselling. It is important that you feel at ease with me, so hopefully the call would give you an idea whether you feel comfortable and wish to book a session.
I abide by the BACP and NCS codes of Ethics and have Indemnity Insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday mornings
Types of client
Supervision & training
I was a Relate supervisor for 17 years and worked with counsellors in training as well as those who were qualified.View supervision profile