Geoff Boutle MBACP (Snr Accred)
01256 345633 / 07775 725137
I work with individuals and also couples who may be facing difficult or sensitive personal issues. My concern is to help meet the specific needs of each individual client. As an experienced counsellor I support clients by using various counselling approaches including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), psychodynamic counselling, humanistic counselling and solution focused therapy.
I am committed to working with clients who are experiencing personal difficulties such as anxiety, anger management, stress, eating disorders, abuse, depression, relationship issues, low self-esteem, loss, bereavement, abuse, sexual issues, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) and dealing with change. I also have specific experience in supporting clients who have work related concerns including stress, low self-confidence, anger and anxiety in the work place, bullying and issues around maintaining work life balance. Counselling can be open ended or on a time limited basis.
I work from consulting rooms in Worting House on the outskirts of Basingstoke in North Hampshire, based in pleasant secure surroundings with easy road access and ample parking. Worting House is well placed for clients travelling from Berkshire, Surrey or London as well as Hampshire. I am always prepared to meet with potential clients for an initial informal discussion. I do not charge a fee for that first meeting.
In addition to supporting individual clients I offer couples counselling and relationship counselling.
I am also happy to offer subsidised sessions to counselling students who are in training In addition to working with companies offering EAP programmes, I am a registered practitioner with a number of organisations including BUPA, Avivia, WPA and Pru Health.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor
UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor
Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
Postqualifying Certificate CBT
Certificate Working With Eating Disorders
Certificate in Resource Based Therapies
Certificate in Couples Counselling (2)
Certificate in Coaching Skills
Associate Member Association for Coaching
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
As an experienced counsellor who has a professional background in Human Resources and a formal coaching qualification, I am also interested in working with clients who have specific challenges relating to issues within the workplace. These difficult challenges may range from dealing with anger and bullying, managing awkward or difficult relationships within an organisation to more general concerns regarding work performance and career development.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
There is no charge for an initial consultation. Fees for subsequent sessions are negotiable across a range which is intended to take into account individual circumstances including income and affordability. Reduced rates can be provided for counselling students.
- Counselling work and those autumn leaves
- Counselling, April Fool’s Day and our selfish memory
- Social anxiety - another form of SAD
- Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) - Clocks and counselling
- Existential counselling – an alternative approach?
- Sigmund Freud, Jules Rimet and Therapy
- Counselling and the challenge of normality
- Halloween – Counsellors, Witches and Warlocks
- Existential counselling – an issue of choice?
- Counselling – An Emotional Timeline
Further information is available on my website www.geoffboutle.bacp.co.uk Please contact me by email or telephone to arrange an initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|