Heather Bagshaw MBACP Registered, UKCP Accredited
01787-278762 / 07889-038614
Hi, I'm Heather, an experienced, qualified individual and couples counsellor, psychotherapist and supervisor living and working in Belchamp Otten near Clare and Sudbury on the Essex Suffolk borders.
I have 20 years experience working with people with a wide range of life issues such as -
abuse, anxiety, bereavement, eating disorders, depression, low mood & sadness, gender and sexual identity issues, relationship issues, self esteem, sexual abuse, trauma.
Alongside my private practice I've worked with bereaved clients at Cruse Bereavement Care, with students and staff at Sheffield Hallam University and people suffering with eating disorders at South Yorkshire Eating Disorder Association. I have also specialist interest and experience working with gender dysphoria and people suffering from pervasive unwanted thoughts & traumatic dreams.
How can I help?
I offer what I feel is important in a counselling relationship; a safe empathic, supportive environment where people can explore and sometimes challenge their feelings, behaviours, beliefs and /or values. As we understand more about ourselves, we start to find solutions to what otherwise can seem like difficult or even impossible situations and issues.
I practice with empathy and compassion that many people don't always feel toward themselves, even though they may offer this same warmth and caring to others. Having had a business background I work within a structured framework to support and hold effective therapeutic work. My rooms offer a comfortable and professional space in which to work. I offer weekday, evening and some weekend appointments.
My clients sometimes come to me experiencing unhelpful and damaging patterns repeating in their lives. They may have traumatic memories and dreams that overwhelm them. Some clients have just lost their way, become stuck and don't know where to turn. All of these are regular situations where I have been able to help.
I initially trained and worked face to face with clients and later trained further to develop telephone and online (Skype, FaceTime, email & MSN) working.
I offer a flexible approach to my working and am happy to discuss weekly, fortnightly and/or brief short term interventions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (LifeForce)
- Supervision Diploma (2009 - Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Master of Arts in Humanistic Psychotherapy (2003 - Derby University)
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling (2000 - Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute)
- Certificate in Online Counselling Skills (2011 - Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
- Accredited Member of the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling Practitioners (BACP)
- Working with Traumatic Nightmares
- Honour Based Violence
- Online Working
Counselling, Psychotherapy, Supervision and Training Design and Delivery at:
- Private Practice
- Sheffield Hallam University
- Cruse Bereavement Care
- South Yorkshire Eating Disorders Association
- Work with Employee Assistance Programmes
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I also have coaching qualifications and experience which can be really helpful when working with clients where their issues are impacting their work life balance and performance.
Additionally, I have had positive outcomes working with people with pervasive unwanted thoughts and traumatic nightmares.
Photos & videos
I offer a free, no obligation, brief introductory session for us to see how we might work together.
In line with regular professional practices, my fees are:
Individual Counselling Psychotherapy - £48 per 50 minute session
Couples Counselling - £60 per hour session
Supervision - £48 per hour
I offer reduced rates for counselling students in training - please contact me to discuss.
I also offer supervision to colleagues in the profession. Please contact me directly for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work evenings and some Saturday mornings in addition to offering day time appointments. Please contact me to see when we could work together.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for fellow practitioners and students/trainees.View supervision profile