Jenny Rees Davies MBACP (Snr Accred), UKRC, Post Grad Dip Couns
Fleet Street Medical Centre
2-3 Salisbury Court
30 Glenferrie Road
01727 765409 / 07812 252 319
With almost 20 years experience as a counsellor offering both short and long-term work, I have practices in Fleet Street and St Albans Hertfordshire. I work in an Integrative way using skills and techniques I have developed through studying a range of theoretical models in order to work with people as unique individuals. I have helped many people make changes through both counselling and coaching, facilitating them to achieve goals and gain awareness of what might be holding them back or getting in the way of a more effective way of dealing with problems.
I offer a warm and non-judgemental approach to my clients and respect their individual values and personal choice. This supportive environment enables people to feel free to experience their thoughts and feelings, consider options and make changes.
I provide clients with a safe and secure environment where they can talk about difficulties in a way not possible with family, friends or colleagues. I do not give advice, nor do I judge what clients say.
At our first meeting we will discuss how counselling or coaching might benefit you. Some clients chose a brief solution-focused approach; others prefer to continue on a longer term basis. The client can chose to end the work at any time.
Please do feel free to watch my video:
Please look at my web site - www.jrdcounselling.co.uk - and contact me if you need further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Registered Practitioner
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor
- Member BACP Coaching Division
- Post Grad Diploma Counselling, University of Hertfordshire
- Accredited Alcohol Counsellor
- Tutor in Counselling - Oaklands College, St Albans
- Tutor in Counselling - Barnfield College, Luton
- Continual Professional Development Training in Coaching, Solution-Focussed Therapy , Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Brief Psychodynamic Therapy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Self harm
- Work/Life balance
- Addiction to prescribed - medication/tranquillisers
- Physical symptoms with no organic cause
- £45 per 50-minute session, St Albans. I offer reduced fee places for students/unemployed based on affordability
- £90 per 50-minute session, London.
I had over ten years experience in corporate communications before training to become a counsellor and life coach.
I work within the BACP Ethical Framework and have regular supervision. I am a BACP Accredited Supervisor of Counsellors and have a clinical supervision practice. I offer supervision and consultation, both group and individual, to trainees and experienced therapists in both private and public sectors.
I hold full professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
I work as an affiliate to several Employee Assistance Programmes and I am a Registered Practitioner in the private healthcare system.
I am committed to maintaining my professional development and attend regular further training.
My Hertfordshire practice is half a mile from the centre of St Albans off the Hatfield Road (on-street parking is available) and a 10 minutes walk from St Albans station. I also have a practice in Fleet Street, central London.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Supervision & training