Clare Papamichael MBACP (ACCRED) UKCP, BAPPS.
29 The Gardens
I am an experienced Psychodynamic Counsellor/ Psychotherapist and have done Post Graduate training in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). Couple Counselling (Relate Trained) and Supervision of Psychotherapy.(WPF). I am BACP accredited, registered with UKCP and a member of FPC, I abide by these codes of professional conduct. The type of Counselling I can offer is; Long term open ended Counselling/ Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Couple Counselling and Supervision of Psychotherapy/Counselling.
Sessions are weekly, usually at the same time. I can also offer Counsellor Supervision for individuals & groups. I have worked for 12 years as a Counsellor and Assessment Counsellor and have worked for 6 years as a Supervisor of Psychotherapists. Prior to this I worked for many years as a psychologist and RGN/RMN within the NHS in Forensic Psychiatry.
The personal relationship is important in this type of work and I believe that I am warm, non judgemental and able to empathise with all human dilema's.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Degree in Psychology
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (WPF)
- Post Graduate Cert in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (WPF)
- Post Grad Cert in Relate Couple Counselling (Systemic Psychotherapy)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision (WPF)
- BACP Accredited
- UKCP Registered (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapists)
- UKRC Registered Independent Counsellor
- BAPPS (British Association of Psychoanalytic & Psychodynamic Supervision)
- Member of FPC (Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling)
- In addition to my private practice I have worked for many years as a Counsellor, Assessor & Supervisor within a network of charitable Counselling Centres linked to a training organisatio
- I have many years experience in Mental health (NHS) Psychologist, Registered General/Psychiatric Nurse.
- Career Counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Loneliness, depression and anxiety.
- Bereavement or loss.
- Emotional, physical or sexual abuse.
- Difficulties in relationships.
- Issues around sexuality or gender.
- Retirement, redundancy, unemployment.
- Looking for meaning in life.
- Addiction, eating disorder, self harm.
- Low confidence,poor self image.
- Life change or crisis.
- Supervision of Counselling/Psychotherapy
- £50 per session - individuals
- £60 per couples session
- Some reduction available depending on circumstances and for counselling / therapy students.
My consulting room is in Brookmans Park and there is ample parking.
I am more then happy to discuss any concerns or questions over the telephone or by email.
The decision to come for Counselling is a big one and we can meet and have a one off session to discuss your options.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a qualified Supervisor of Psychotherapists and am experienced in both individual and group supervision, both privately and for a large Counselling Charity.View supervision profile