Deborah Bennett MBACP - Counselling Therapy Hastings - Individuals & Couples
63 Reedswood Road
Making the decision to start therapy is not always an easy one. If you are searching for a fully qualified and deeply experienced therapist who will help you to get the results you want, you are looking in the right place. With over twenty years' experience of working successfully with clients, I believe that with every therapy a difference is made not only to the clients themselves but also their future generations.
Life is a journey which can be complex and challenging. Are you feeling stuck or alone, confused or on edge? Do you want to loosen the grip of anger, depression and unhelpful patterns, or to heal your relationship with a loved one? Do you want to free yourself from the legacy of childhood abuse? Or are you looking to increase your self-awareness, nurture your creative potential, and increase your level of happiness?
I work with individuals, couples and young people providing a supportive space to talk through whatever brings you to this point in your life – unresolved issues, current difficulties or hopes for the future. There is no fixed number of sessions, counselling can be brief (6-12 sessions) or psychotherapy, longer term.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling with extensive knowledge and insight into the field of psychology. As a fully qualified, insured and registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to their code of ethics and practice.
Since I began my counselling career in 1997 I have undertaken a wide range of training including:
Anger Management, Anxiety and Panic, Bereavement Issues, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Couple Counselling, Depression, Dream Work (Jungian), Family Therapy, Group Work, LGBT Awareness, Nutritional Therapy, Relationship Issues, Stress Management, Sexuality, Understanding Suicide & Work-Related Stress.
Additionally, I began studying Jungian Psychology over nine years ago, and have been exploring its richness with clients ever since.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with couples of all ages; married or living together, separating or divorcing; with or without children to consider. Couples counselling can also benefit other types of couples such as siblings, parent/child or even friends. Therapy is often short term with just a few sessions needed to turn relationships around or at least help to separate in a more amicable way.
Issues regarding all kinds of family break ups including divorce, separation and estrangement within families as well as adults who were once adopted or fostered as children. For many years I have offered counselling and support to those struggling with the impact of bereavement, significant loss and terminal illness.
My approach is LGBTQ inclusive. I actively affirm diversity in my practice and value the opportunity to support those who may want to work through issues relating to their identity, sexuality or gender. I hold great trust in the language of our dreams, particularly when understood through the work of psychologist Carl Jung, and will work closely with a person's dreams where this is relevant or desirable.
Initial appointment: 75 minutes
Individuals: £40 Couples: £60
Ongoing sessions: 60 minutes
Individuals: £40 Couples: £60
Concessionary fees (£35) available for counselling students.
All fees are payable on a sessional basis, by cash or cheque.
My therapy practice is based in St. Leonards-on-Sea where I offer a confidential, supportive space, helping you to create the life you want. I offer flexible weekday and early evening appointments. On street, there is free parking and the nearest bus stop, Harley Shute Road, is approximately 5-10 minutes walk away.
Please note my last evening appointment is 6pm.
As well as private practice for adults, I counsel young people (age range 18+) in Clinic.
I hold an enhanced (highest level) Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.
Thank you for reading my Counselling Directory profile.
I am happy to provide prospective therapy clients with a selection of Client Testimonials:
- “Just talking about it has helped in many ways.”
- “I usually struggle to speak to anyone but I found I could talk to you, thank you.”
- “I didn’t know what to expect, I’d never seen a counsellor before, you put me at ease straight away.”
- “I was really nervous about therapy, I was scared it would all come out too quickly…thank you for your patience and commitment it really helped.”
- “Thank you Deborah, you helped me through a difficult period of my life.”
- “This has changed my view of life, it’s wonderful and like you said the ripple effect has spread throughout my family.”
- “As I began to change, he did too, we started to rediscover what we ‘used’ to have.”
- “To anyone else my childhood looked perfect, I hid it all so well, but it tumbled out into my relationships which brought me to counselling. Everything changed from that initial session.”
- “I’d been stressed all my life never knowing why, never seeing the connection between my past and how I grew up to be such an angry person.”
- “I’m finding I’m more honest with my partner than I have been in years.”
- “I felt that I was understood and made to feel worthwhile. Thank you.”
- “After losing my son I thought I would die too. Somehow I am still here and can see things more clearly now. Thank you for helping me to find a path through all my pain and sorrow.”
- “Thank you for helping me sort out my head and return to some normality!”
- “A rare blend of positive energy, intellect and warmth.”
I wish you well in your search for a therapist and am happy to hear from you with any questions you may have. For more information please call EnergyWorks Clinic 01424 425664 or click email below.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays and Fridays 9am - 7pm Tuesdays and Thursdays evenings Closed weekends. Age range 18+
Types of client