Jenny Merriott UKCP
I am a qualified UKCP accredited psychotherapist and counsellor working in Chelsea and North Lambeth, I am also a trained bereavement counsellor. I have over ten years experience working with adults from different age groups, cultures and backgrounds. I offer individual long and short term therapy.
People come to therapy with a wide variety of issues and emotional difficulties they want to address.Therapy can be an opportunity to address feelings that are often difficult to talk about with friends or loved ones.
I offer a safe, non-judgmental relationship within which to explore your sense of self, values, relationships, and patterns of behavior. My approach is influenced by attachment theory and relational psychoanalysis, I believe that childhood experiences and relationships can tell us a lot about our ways of relating, I also place importance on an exploration of current experience, behavior, and values, with a view to taking responsibility to promote positive change in your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and a member of the Bowlby Centre. I trained at the Centre for Attachment-based Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, now renamed The Bowlby Centre, I completed a counselling course in Humanistic Counselling at the Central School of Counselling. I also hold a BA (Hons) degree.
I worked for a number of years as a Bereavement Counsellor with Wandsworth Bereavement Service before working in Private Practice. I have experience working in the following areas:
- Confusion about who you are, problems with identity
- Impact of violence, abuse and trauma
- Feeling afraid, panicky and stressed
- Experiencing anxiety, depression or suicidal feelings
- Feeling held back or stuck in your life
- Addictions, phobias and obsessions, eating problems, body morphia, self-harm
- Feeling empty, lonely, abandoned, unable to make lasting relationships
- Loss, bereavement, relationship breakdown
- Problems around sex or sexuality
- Difficulties in family relationships
- Feeling in crisis or in a state of breakdown
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Attachment/relationship difficulties from childhood affecting your ability to sustain good adult relationships and achieve your life goals.
Fees: Individuals £60.00 - £80.00 - 50 minutes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client