Nicola Sheehan CTA, ITA UKCP Accredited
0113 2819493 / 07740988165
I'm a fully qualified accredited UKCP psychotherapist and counsellor with over ten years of practice experience.
I work with both individuals and with couples who wish to resolve relationship issues
I offer the space for you to talk through your issues in a safe and confidential setting, in an atmosphere of warmth and respect, we work together to explore your goals and resolve the difficulties you wish to address.
How could therapy and counselling help me/us?
Counselling and therapy can help when you are feeling overwhelmed, confused, sad or just not yourself. Anxiety, depression, relationship difficulty, feeling unloved, or hopeless, eating disorders and addiction are common conditions that bring people to therapy. The process can help with how you feel about yourself and how you relate to the other people in your life.
Sessions last for 50 mins and are usually weekly. Evening appointments are available. Call for an initial chat, or send me an e-mail and we can arrange our first meeting, which is without obligation.
How Long Will I/we Need?
The length of time in therapy is agreed between us, and will depend on your goals for therapy. We commonly agree initially for six sessions. Long and short term work is available.
If you cancel with at least 48 hours notice then there is no charge. The full amount is payable if you cancel with less than 48 hours notice.
Our sessions will be confidential, apart from exceptional circumstances, further information will be given at our first meeting. Sessions are £45 for individuals and £55 for couples. Low cost may be availible.
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
(e-mail is the best way to contact me - my phone is on silent when I'm in sessions)
Landline: 0113 281 9493
The Orchard: http://www.orchardleeds.co.uk/
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy)
- Full registration as a Clinical Psychotherapist UKCP
- MA in Transactional Analysis
- BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychology in Community Settings
- Couples Counselling and Therapy Certificate
Ten years experience working as a counsellor and therapist in a number of settings. I am trained in Person Centred Counselling and I am a Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) I am a member of the ITA and a member UKCP as a Psychotherapist.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Your initial session is an opportunity for us to meet and to talk through your concerns. In this session an assessment will be made of your goals for therapy.
The cost of each session is £45 per hour individuals
The cost of each session for couples is £55. Therapy can be costly, low cost appointments/ concessions are possible and are dependant on availability.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday -Tuesday eveinings, other times may be possible