Karen Doherty (Reframe Counselling)
Berkeley Square House
1 Canada Square
0800 7832983 / 07986 272 134
WHO AM I?
I am an experienced Individual, Couple and Psychosexual therapist trained at the TCCR in London.
At the heart of my work is a profound interest in the dynamics and complexities of relationships - those in the arena of work and career as well as the more personal family ties and sexual partnerships. We are social beings, thus the part that relationships play in our lives underpins the foundation of our individual wellbeing.
WHAT DO I DO?
In private practice between London and Brighton, I work within a psychodynamic framework and integrate CBT techniques where required. I use my psychodynamic understanding to examine your conflicts and fears, working with you towards a sensitive and effective outcome.
The help that I offer ranges from short term, goal orientated work, to a more classical, long term approach focused on a deeper and more personal exploration of either oneself or the couple.
I work with individuals, heterosexual couples and same-sex couples.
The areas in which I am experienced are:
- Relationship issues – difficulties with communication breakdown, affairs, marital problems, pre-marital work.
- Asperger's or ADHD – working with couples in which one or both partners struggle with low-level Asperger's or adult ADHD.
- Personal crisis – how to help navigate a crisis and become a more integrated and contented individual.
- Work/life balance – Personal and professional problems during transition and change. Issues including anxiety, stress and incapacity relating to loss of identity, professional breakdown etc.
- Sexual dysfunction – Issues around loss of desire, erectile problems, sexual compatibility, breakdown of sexual relationships, sexual addiction, pornography addiction, paraphilia.
Training, qualifications & experience
Member of COSRT (accred), BACP, BSCPC and UKCP.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Fees range from £80.00 - £150.00. per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client