John Crisp MA, MBACP
As a BACP registered independent counsellor, I have worked for the last 15 years for counselling agencies with NHS referred clients and in private practice. I see adults (over 18) from a wide variety of backgrounds, for both short term and longer term work.
The help I offer is a calm space away from the pressures of day-to-day life, where you can talk about any concern you have, in complete confidentiality and without fear of judgement or rejection. My approach is "psychodynamic", which means that it is about making sense of your life in relation to your current experience and events in the past.
I am a bilingual French speaker, so am able to offer counselling in either English or French.
I adhere to the BACP's Code of Ethics and have professional indemnity insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling (distinction), University of Reading
Six years as a counsellor with the Time-to-Talk counselling agency, Reading University
Twelve years in private practice
IoL (Institute of Linguists) Diploma (distinction)
Professional translator and interpreter.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
£45 per 50 minute session.
Negotiable in cases of hardship.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French bilingual|