Susannah Orosa (Registered) MBACP
New Road Psychotherapy Centre
28 New Road
64 Wilbury Road
I offer both short and long-term counselling in Brighton for people experiencing a variety of issues. I believe in offering counselling in a warm, supportive and non-judgmental environment, offering clients a safe space in which to explore their issues confidentially. In this way, clients are able to feel understood and accepted totally, allowing for an open and honest therapeutic relationship to take place. It is through this genuine encounter that I believe clients can begin to really explore themselves in ways which will allow growth and personal development in their lives.
I am happy to work creatively as well as in a more goal-focused way as different clients like to work in different ways. At the heart of all my work however is a belief that the client knows best and so I work in a collaborative way, respecting and honouring the individual at all times.
I have worked in education and community-based settings for 28 years in different capacities; the main focus being on supporting people to achieve their full potential in life. This is my driving force - a belief that people, given the right circumstances in life and the right type of support, can begin to grow and flourish - this is my passion.
I also offer couples counselling.
I also counsel those affected in some way by Asperger syndrome, including family members: http://www.asperger-training.com
I welcome telephone or email contact as an opportunity for you to ask me questions, have an informal chat and organise an initial introductory session. We can explore together what you would like from counselling and whether my approach is the right one for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) and Diploma in Person Centred Counselling - Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - CCPT
- PGCE (post-16)
- Certificate in Introduction to CBT - Fusion Psychotherapy
- Trained and worked for CRUSE Bereavement Care, Brighton (person-centred)
- Trained and worked for SASS (Sussex Alcohol and Substance Use Service), Hove (CBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution Focused)
- Trained and worked for YPC (Young People's Centre), Brighton (Integrative)
- Co-facilitated an alcohol-recovery therapy group for SASS (Gestalt)
I am a qualified tutor and run personal development workshops including: 'Managing Stress', 'Working with Anxiety', and 'Assertiveness', 'confidence-building'. I am a co-lead tutor on the Person-Centred Foundation Degree at Sussex Downs College and a tutor on the BSc in Person-Centred Counselling, Sussex Downs (both courses accredited by the University of Brighton).
I supervise trainee and qualified counsellors and coaches.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Personal development, self-esteem, assertiveness, animal bereavement, relaxation techniques.
£30, £40 or £45 per 50 minute session (face to face, online, phone). The client chooses the fee depending on their ability to pay.
Counselling for students on counselling training courses: £25 per 50 minute session.
Supervision for students on counselling training courses: £30 per hour.
Couples counselling: £50 per hour.
- Bilingual Spanish/English and a Reiki Master practitioner.
- Member of the BACP and working towards accreditation.
- Mentor for those studying PGCE/CertEd at Sussex Downs College.
- Run workshops on: 'How to Present Yourself Well' and 'Relaxation and Coping Strategies' for Sussex Learning Solutions, for those seeking employment.
- Member of the Eastbourne Person-Centred Community Group
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|