Richard Cole - St Pancras Relationship Counselling - EFT Therapist. UKCP COSRT
6a Goldington Crescent
0207 388 2970 / 07789 433234
(October 10th Update: I'm currently full and not taking on new clients at the moment)
Couples Counselling Central London for
Relationship Issues, Affairs and Betrayls and Couples Counselling
A Couples Counselling Service for couples who want to have an honest look at what is going on in their relationship - no matter what it is - to move towards creating the kind of relationship they want.
- I work with you and your partner together in a way that you can move beyond what's stopping you understanding each other.
- Couples counselling is a powerful process which gives you new a way of looking at current issues.
- Most couples find it a huge relief to speak aabout what's been difficult to talk about and feel understood. Resentments,hurts and breaks of trust can be healed.
- I'm located A few minutes walk from St Pancras Station or Mornington Crescent tube station
"All relationships go through challenging times -
How you handle those times makes the difference."
My Couples Counselling Approach
I understand that it can feel like big step coming to talk about your relationship and often one partner is keen and the other is resistant. I create a safe environment where:
- You both have time to express what you want and to see what the issues are
- Your partner begins to hear what you are saying and vice versa
- You see the bigger picture of what is going on
- You learn communication skills
- You learn about your differences and what you both need
- You find out what is important to you
- You see how to bring back intimacy and loving feelings
- You learn how to manage your emotions and look after yourself better
- You find out how you can set limits over what you will accept and what you won't from your partner.
I use emotionally focused Couples Therapy (EFT). I’m a UKCP accredited psychotherapist. I have completed a specialist training in sexual difficulties and couple counselling and as a participant completed an in-depth sexual grounding training.
I use the principles of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) to help you feel more emotionally connected to your partner. We look at relationship bonding patterns to see how you step back and communicate better.
I work with sexuality, lack of desire, "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" relationships and sexual issues following College of Psychosexual and Relationship Therapy (COSRT) code of ethics and guidelines.
Call me on 07789433234 or see my website
St Pancras Relationship Counselling NW1
to see when appointments are available.
Sharon Kirby 4 months ago
"Richard has been a colleague for many years; he is a creative and compassionate relationship therapist."
Michael Pugh 9 months ago
"We went to see Richard due to difficulties in our communication regarding many issues brought on by this being our second marriage. At the time it felt as it was make or brake situation. Richard's skilful approach and his understanding helped and guided us. Within a few weeks we were fully aware where our problems laid and were able to successfully work on them.We are still ripping the benefits of his counselling three years on. His counselling has helped us to grow into more responsible and compassionate people, he helped to release the guilt and resentment that we felt. He helped us to discover for ourselves the importance and value of our relationship and also helped us to bring harmony and order into relationship with other members of the family. For his perception, understanding and compassion, we highly recommend Richard to anyone who faces any form of difficulties in their lives." Gosha and Michael
Massimiliano Giuliattini 8 months ago
"I had the fortune of meeting Dr. Richard Cole last year. I had to write a feature story as an exercise for my journalism studies, and was warmly welcomed in Dr.Cole's studio. He was very helpful, polite and easy-going. His interview gave a boost to my piece, as his knowledge regarding relationships proved to be first class."
A Google User 3 years ago
"Richard has a deep understanding of both relationship dynamics and individual psychology, which make his sessions very powerful. We particularly like his ability to reframe relationship problems into opportunities. His support has been invaluable for our relationship."
A Google User a year ago
"Excellent, and objective relationship counselling. It was invaluable having a 3rd party assess, challenge and playback our relationship dynamic. His process made us both reflect alot more and in overall terms helped to progress and improve the relationship."
Articles On Website
- Couples Counselling Tip - Avoid Being Right
- Affairs and Betrayal
- Passive Aggression
- What Makes Love Last?
- Cheating - Why do Men and Women Cheat?
- Relationship Counselling - Why it's a good idea
- How To Communicate Better
- Change In Relationship Counselling
- All About Love
- Couple Intimacy Exercise
- Relationship Counselling - "Be here Now"
- Stuck Relationship Patterns
- Mens Mother Complex
- Controlling Men
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Step Families
- Boarding School Survivors
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc in Psychosexual and Relationship Counselling from TCCR - The Tavistock Centre For Couple Relationships.
MA Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy
Post Grad Dip. Creative Couplework
UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
College of Sex and Relationship Counsellors - COSRT Member
Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Falling out of love/ Not sure if we want to be together
Long distance relationship
Preparing for Marriage
Emotionally focused therapy
Emotionally Focused Therapy
Photos & videos
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime appointments fro 8am, Evening appointments 6.30pm and 8pm , Saturday Mornings - use clicktoschedule button on www.relatenow.co.uk