Anne Harris MBACP (Accred)
01209 832974 / 07870 219732
Looking for a Counsellor?
From time to time during the course of our lives we all experience some difficulties, which can sometimes feel overwhelming. This may be due to something that has recently happened such as: a breakdown in a relationship, bereavement or loss of employment. However some difficulties a person may be experiencing in their current lives may not be so easy to identify and this may be because they are related to earlier painful experiences and feelings that were too difficult, or they were unable to deal with at the time. If you are experiencing similar feelings or difficulties to those listed below counselling can help.
- Low mood/Depression
- Low self-esteem/Low self-confidence
- Drug/Alcohol Dependency
- Relationship difficulties
How can Counselling help?
Counselling provides a safe, secure and confidential environment which leads towards developing a trusting therapeutic relationship. This can enable you to explore the difficulties you are experiencing and gain a deeper understanding of both yourself and the nature of your difficulties.
Counselling is the first step in enabling you to take control of your life and develop the self-awareness and confidence to make the changes you want.
Training, qualifications & experience
Access in Psychology and Sociology.
Advanced Certificate in Person-Centred Counselling and therapy.
Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling and Therapy.
I have worked as a counsellor since 2004 during this time I have had extensive experience working with all age groups experiencing such a wide range of difficulties and issues. I have worked on a self employed basis for a number of organisations and I also have experience of running my own practice, this has led to me having the ability to work with such a wide and varied range of issues.
- School counsellor; 11-16 yrs who are struggling with varied issues i.e family problems, anxiety, self harm, bullying or depression.
- Youth counsellor, 16-25 years who are struggling with varied issues i.e. family, anxiety depression, relationships, these are just some of the issues young people may bring and want to work on
- Adults drug and Alcohol, Generally more long term counselling and explores the many issues relating to drug use e.g. past trauma, abuse and history of drug and alcohol use and explores how to move forward and make changes.
- Adult offenders on probation, Generally more long term counselling and looks at both past and current issues and how to move forward and make changes.
- Employees referred through employer's assist programmes, people come for many varied reasons, it may be they are struggling to cope at work or it may be related to difficulties at home, anxiety , depression are just a few examples.
- Adults within my own private practice, This can be people finding life difficult to manage for so many different reasons
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
I normally offer an initial counselling assessment, this enables you to come and meet me, to discuss what you feel your difficulties are and what you feel you would like to achieve from counselling.
It gives you the opportunity to find out about counselling and the service I offer.
The 1st appointment is for an assessment and this will cost £20.00 for 30 mins.
All other counselling sessions are £40.00 for 60 mins.
There is a choice of two venues.
If you would like any further information about counselling or you would like to book an appointment please contact me via the contact details at the top of this page. Please also visit my web site.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am able to offer a range of flexabile appointment times to enable counselling to be accessible to everyone.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|