London Couples Counselling
07725554728 / 07725554728
COUPLES COUNSELLING IN LONDON NW6 WITH A MALE & FEMALE THERAPY TEAM
JO NICHOLL ANDY METCALF
Welcome to Couples Counselling London. We are two very experienced therapists specialising in Couples Counselling, Relationship Therapy and Pre-Marital Therapy. We bring our Specialised Training alongside our own experiences as a man and a woman to support couples struggling with what can seem insurmountable problems.
WHY SEEING A MALE AND FEMALE THERAPY TEAM WORKS
As a male and female therapy team we can provide you with the emotional support, balance and understanding you both need. Working with a male-female team is highly effective and leads to positive results because we are working with developed skills to support couples to move beyond their struggles. You both will feel heard and supported in a way that is unique to working with a male and female team. Working with two therapists can be more effective and faster.
IN THE WORDS OF OUR CLIENTS
"Andy and Jo gave us a balanced and fresh perspective; sitting with a male and a female therapist we both felt very heard and supported and were better able to understand each other."
AS A COUPLE YOU MAY BE EXPERIENCING
- Communication is too difficult.
- Separation/ divorce seems like the only option
- Discovering an affair.
- Sex is not enjoyable/ not frequent enough
- Strong tensions in a step-family
- Violent verbal or physical out bursts
It can be difficult to take the first step into counselling. You can meet us for an initial consultation, where we discuss the issues that are troubling you and think about the best way forward. You will also be able to decide whether we are the right fit for you.
Our consulting room in Swiss Cottage, North London is easy to access with excellent transport links including Overground, Buses, and also its close to both Swiss Cottage and Finchley Road tube stations. Parking vouchers are available.
COUPLES COUNSELLING CAN HELP YOU MAKE A FRESH START
- Learn how to heal those resentments, hurts and breaks of trust
- Restore intimacy, passion and loving feelings
- Gain insight into destructive patterns
- Understand how to meet each others needs and get your own needs met
As a male- female team we can provide you with the emotional support, balance and understanding you both need from our individual experiences and expertise. Our consulting room is in North West London, NW6, close to Swiss Cottage Tube.
Training, qualifications & experience
BACP accredited Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from Highgate Counselling Centre.
BPC and UKCP accredited qualification from WPF Therapy as a Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist.
Member of UKCP
Member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling.
Past member of the Steering Committee of the UK Relational School
Member of the International Association of Relational Psychoanalysts and Psychotherapists.
A 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Creative Couple Work.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (PG/Dip); from The London School of Psychotherapy, Regents College, London, UK.
- Post Graduate Diploma. Creative Couple Therapy. Centre for Gender Psychology
- Certificate; Relate (Marriage and Personal Counselling).
- Certificate; Somatic Trauma Therapy; from Babette Rotschild and The Cambridge Body Psychotherapy Centre, UK.
- Certificate: Understanding Trauma. Principles and Practice; from The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust, London, UK.
- Jo is a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) and work according to their ethical framework.
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
The fee for the first introductory session with Jo Nicholl and Andy Metcalf is £100. After that the fee is for a 70 minute session is £175. The fee for a 50 minute session is £120.
Please go to couplescounsellinglondon.com for more information about working with Jo and Andy
"Sex isn't something we do, it is a place we go inside ourselves and with another."
- Esther Perel
We will explore with you what sex means for you and what you seek in sex.
Often couples focus too much on the act of sex and the statistics of it, eg how often? This can get in the way of desire and freedom. Every relationship faces emotional challenges at some point, whether you have been together a short time or many years. We can help you unlock the emotional issues which have lead to sex becoming a problem.
"A lack of desire does not necessarily reflect a disordered relationship."
- Esther Perel
Each couple is unique for us: we are not prescriptive and we do not necessarily expect you to do "homework" in between sessions.
We know how challenging and difficult the step family experience can be. We have both been there. We are able to offer unique skills and ways of working with step families. Our thinking is guided by the need to explore the unique tensions and dynamics that get ignited in step-families.
Get in touch to find out more: contact Jo Nicholl on: 07725 554 728
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesday to Thursday: 8am to 8pm.
Types of client