Marette Totten BA (Hons) UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
589 London Road
Westcliff On Sea
0775 234 0623
Individual, couple and family psychotherapy.
A warm welcome to my page.
There are certain times in all our lives when we may need help addressing problems and issues that cause us emotional distress or overwhelm us. Sometimes we know what is bothering us; anxiety, depression, relationship or family issues, for example, but other times we can feel confused and unsure about why we feel a certain way.
I work in a safe and confidential space where we can gently explore what is underlying the difficulties you are experiencing, what the triggers may be and how these situations and feelings may be understood and managed in a more helpful way.
I aim to create a holding and respectful therapeutic relationship that fosters healing and growth. I offer a warm and comfortable environment in which you can freely explore your thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement.
As an integrative therapist I am trained to use a range of approaches to help you depending on the presenting issue.
I currently work in private practice and as a Senior Accredited Psychotherapist and Supervisor for the NHS as part of a Complex Needs and Personality Disorder Service offering both individual and group psychotherapy.
I have experience working with clients in addressing difficulties related to:
- Anxiety and depression
- Couple, family and relationship issues
- Emotional, physical, and sexual abuse
- Self Harming behaviours
- Personality Disorders
- Low self esteem
- Adapting to life transitions such as marriage, parenthood or ageing
- Post-natal depression and other issues around conception and birth
I offer short term (6-12 sessions) counselling and longer term therapy in comfortable rooms on the London Road in the Westcliff area.
Sessions last 50 minutes and are usually weekly.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Highly Experienced UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
- Currently Working as a Senior Psychotherapist and Supervisor in the NHS and in Private Practice
- PG Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- PG Certificate in Group Work
- Accredited Mentalisation Based Treatment (MBT) Practitioner - suggested treatment for Emotionally Unstable (Borderline) Personality Disorder
- Bound by UKCP Code of Ethics
- Fully insured
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Individual Initial Consultation: £50.00
Couple Initial Consultation: £65.00
Individual Therapy Session: £50.00
Couple Therapy Session: £65.00
Choosing the right therapist is an important part of the process. I therefore offer an initial consultation, with no obligation to continue in therapy, in order to decide if I am the right therapist for you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments offered on Mondays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|